Topic: Should Dovecot share folder connect to the DB? Migrating servers.

Hi,

I'm migrating from 0.9.2 to 0.9.5-1 and had two questions. In the 0.9.5-1 dovecot-share-folder.conf it has incomplete DB details (no port, might default to 5432 for PostgreSQL?) and in 0.9.2 it didn't. Is it meant to connect to the db?

Second I'm migrating my server and was hoping to synchronise the config files to point to the new db thats been migrated, move the mail directory and fingers crossed it works. Could this work or should I be doing something different?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Should Dovecot share folder connect to the DB? Migrating servers.

Rudigern wrote:

Is it meant to connect to the db?

Yes. And it defaults to port 5432. (i will add this parameter in future release.)

Rudigern wrote:

Second I'm migrating my server and was hoping to synchronise the config files to point to the new db thats been migrated

The sql database names used by iRedMail are "hard-coded", so no need to change db name in config file.

Re: Should Dovecot share folder connect to the DB? Migrating servers.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

The sql database names used by iRedMail are "hard-coded", so no need to change db name in config file.

Thanks, I more so meant pointing to my remote db rather than the defaulted local one. Also I'd have to migrate SOGo tables as either I didn't install it first time or it's not in the one I installed the first time, though by the sound of it my process should work. Thanks.