Topic: Logging forward only alias accounts

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes, v2.1.3 (MySQL)
====

I have a few users that I did not migrate to iRedMail because they were not actively using their account. One user would now like emails forwarded to his new email address.

I created an alias of the user for the domain they were previously part of. I then added a member using the new email address to forward to.

This is working perfectly, and he is receiving mail. I would like to know how much email is actually being forwarded. There is nothing in the log related to that email address.

Is there a way to log this information without increasing the log level for everything?

A related question. There is a user that will be leaving one of my domains to another server. She asked if I could forward all of her emails to the new server. I checked, and there are thousands. Is there a way to have them sent one at a time automatically?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Logging forward only alias accounts

Have to check Postfix log file.

3 (edited by SteveInAkron 2016-11-16 04:57:36)

The default log level must be set too low to see this a grep for either the alias or the destination turns up nothing except the rejected spam. I sent a test message, and he received it, but nothing is logged.

Oh, my mistake, Postfix doesn't log alias address expansion at all.

I have no idea yet, you'd better ask in Postfix mailing list to get support. Sorry.