1 (edited by jeremyjvogel 2016-11-10 06:32:31)

Topic: Blacklist Record Format

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):  Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?  Yes
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
How do I blacklist user@anything.co (including user@anything.anything.co), but not user@co.anything?  I tried @.co but it blocked both.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Blacklist Record Format

jeremyjvogel wrote:

How do I blacklist user@anything.co (including user@anything.anything.co), but not user@co.anything?

*) Use '@.anything.co' to block domain 'anything.co' and all its sub-domains.
*) "@.anything.co" doesn't match "@co.anything", so nothing to do with "@co.anything" here.

3 (edited by jeremyjvogel 2016-11-10 07:42:27)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
jeremyjvogel wrote:

How do I blacklist user@anything.co (including user@anything.anything.co), but not user@co.anything?

*) Use '@.anything.co' to block domain 'anything.co' and all its sub-domains.
*) "@.anything.co" doesn't match "@co.anything", so nothing to do with "@co.anything" here.

I may not have described that well.  When I add @.co to the blacklist why does it also block @.co.anything?  I am trying to block the .co and its sub-domains.

jeremyjvogel wrote:

When I add @.co to the blacklist why does it also block @.co.anything?  I am trying to block the .co and its sub-domains.

Could you please turn on debug mode in iRedAPD and send a testing email to reproduce this issue? Extract FULL log related to this testing email from iRedAPD log file and paste here for troubleshooting?

FYI: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/debug.iredapd.html

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
jeremyjvogel wrote:

When I add @.co to the blacklist why does it also block @.co.anything?  I am trying to block the .co and its sub-domains.

Could you please turn on debug mode in iRedAPD and send a testing email to reproduce this issue? Extract FULL log related to this testing email from iRedAPD log file and paste here for troubleshooting?

FYI: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/debug.iredapd.html

The test email came through properly, so it seems to be working now.  The only change was that I added their domain to the whitelist and removed @.co as a temporary fix, then changed them back for testing when turning debug mode on.  It seems to work now as expected.  Thanks for the help.