Topic: adding a second ip to my server

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

hello

i would like to add a second ip to my centos server and was wondering what i should do to the 2nd ip to make it work

my first ip is set at mail1.domaine.com and i would like for the second ip to be at mail2.domaine.com

should i repeat all the steps that i did with the first ip or can i copy/past if possible , i'm not really sure

note that both ips will be on the same vps

thank you

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: adding a second ip to my server

Check this tutorial:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/send.out.e … esses.html

BTW, it's ok to use one IP address for multiple mail domains.

Hello

i've added my second ip to my server and now both my ips redirect to the same website , which means that the configuration was done right (hopefully)

i'm not sure i've explained myself really well , what i want is to use each ip as a "separate smtp" , is that possible ? you see i have a 3rd party app where i provide the login details and send mail.

so i don't know if it is possible or not but what i really want to acheive is this :

so my main ip , let call it 127.0.0.0 points to server1.mail.com
my second ip , let call it 127.0.0.1
i've contacted my server provider and they said that it is not possible for every ip to have it own hostname as a hostname is attached to the server and not the ip

so now i'm wondering if it is possible to point 127.0.0.1 to for example server2.mail.com ?

and that when i give my 3rd party app the server1.mail.com login , they should send mail using the first ip , and when i give the app the server2.mail.com it should be sent via the 2nd ip

is that achievable ? not that both ips are on the same server
thank you

kinneyscott5 wrote:

what i want is to use each ip as a "separate smtp" , is that possible ?

Yes, and just follow our tutorial mentioned in my last reply:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/send.out.e … esses.html

kinneyscott5 wrote:

i've contacted my server provider and they said that it is not possible for every ip to have it own hostname as a hostname is attached to the server and not the ip

For SMTP service, you can define different HELO name with 'smtp_helo_name=' (mentioned in above link).

Hello

i've just did postconf mail_version and got
mail_version = 2.6.6
does this mean i can't do this ? or i can update my postfix and do it , if so how can i ? thanks

You have to upgrade Postfix to at least 2.7 first.

How can i do so?  I'm on centos 6.6.

Also will i lose everything on the server by updating it?

Thank you

Try postfix-2.11.6 here:
http://iredmail.org/yum/rpms/6/

works like charm , thank you zhang , you're a life saver <3