==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:  0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: Nothing relevant shows up in logs
====

Yesterday I set up iRedMail on AWS. It was working, then I changed nothing and now connections to it are timing out. I can still connect to the AWS instance on putty, but trying to connect to iRedMail services via webmail or Thunderbird just times out. I enabled all debug logging options and looked into all of the log files, but it's not displaying connection attempts or errors anywhere. It looks like all the services are running correctly.

What I think happened was that earlier I was changing hostname settings in various files in order to have the proper HELO displayed (so that my outgoing emails are not classified as spam). Everything was working, but maybe some of the settings I changed only took effect after a reboot and then broke something. I tried to revert my changes and I've tried various hostname settings, but so far no luck.

I don't know if it's just easier to wipe it and start from scratch.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Connections time out, nothing gets logged

Is your IP address blocked in iptables firewall? Check with command:

iptables -L -n

Try to stop "fail2ban" service and try to connect again.

Re: Connections time out, nothing gets logged

Wow, looks like that's it! Thanks for the fast response. I'll look into it.