- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? YES
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: mail.log
====
Hi,
We have some devices that need to email reports to us. It works with a comcast email /smtp . But when I put the info from our IRedMail server into it it doesn't work, the only thing I can see in the log I have pasted below, but it doesn't look very helpful (to me anyway....) If you have any ideas on how to bypass this so it works, please let me know.

Sep 20 11:17:44 mail postfix/postscreen[6194]: CONNECT from [SOURCE IP]:2045 to [IREDMAIL SERVER IP]:25
Sep 20 11:17:44 mail postfix/postscreen[6194]: PREGREET 20 after 0.03 from [SOURCE IP]:2045: EHLO MYDOMAIN\r\n
Sep 20 11:17:44 mail postfix/postscreen[6194]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from [SOURCE IP]:2045: 550 5.5.1 Protocol error; from=<SENDER ADDRESS>, to=<RECEIPIENT ADDRRESS>, proto=ESMTP, helo=<MYDOMAIN>
Sep 20 11:17:44 mail postfix/postscreen[6194]: HANGUP after 0.12 from [SOURCE IP]:2045 in tests after SMTP handshake
Sep 20 11:17:44 mail postfix/postscreen[6194]: DISCONNECT [SOURCE IP]:2045

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Protocol Error

Seems the smtp function of your device software doesn't work well, you may want to try this:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/additional.smtp.port.html

It shows you how to enable additional port for smtp service. If your devices supports SSL/TLS, you'd better use SSL/TLS for this additional port.