==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7.2
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? yes
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I would like to delete spam with a score above 10 automatically. I have set $sa_kill_level_deflt = 10 in amavisd.conf to no avail. I have entered the value 10 into the spam_kill_level column in table policy in database amavisd either for @., @domain and user@domain (where user and domain are sunstitutes for the real username and domainname).

Why does it not work?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: $sa_kill_level_deflt without effect

*) If you have global, per-domain or per-user spam score set with iRedAdmin-Pro, the one in Amavisd config file will be ignored.

*) If it doesn't work, please toggle on the checkbox "Always insert X-Spam-* headers", then check the mail headers of the email you received. What's the required spam score it says in mail header?

"Always insert X-Spam-* headers" is set and the score is far above my threshold

X-Spam-Flag: YES
X-Spam-Score: 23.45
X-Spam-Level: ***********************
X-Spam-Status: Yes, score=23.45 tagged_above=5 required=6

Interestingly the spam_subject_tag3 I set in table policy in database amavisd is working. Because there is no interface in IredAdmin Pro for many of the settings in the policy table I don't know whether those "missing" settings from IredAdmin Pro have any effect if I set those values from the command line or by using phpMyAdmin.

Btw even if I delete all spam_kill_level values from the database the value from $sa_kill_level_deflt in amavisd.conf is still ignored. Any SPAM regardless its score is tagged as spam and passed to the mailbox (marked PASSED SPAM by amavisd in the maillog)

Any news?

Do you have '$final_spam_destiny = D_DISCARD;' in Amavisd config file?

Yes i have

#$final_virus_destiny      = D_DISCARD;
#$final_banned_destiny     = D_BOUNCE;
$final_spam_destiny       = D_DISCARD;  #!!!  D_DISCARD / D_REJECT
#$final_bad_header_destiny = D_BOUNCE;
# $bad_header_quarantine_method = undef;

I guess you have duplicate '$final_spam_destiny' setting in Amavisd config file, and the last one isn't 'D_DISCARD'. Please double check.

Yes there are two of them but both are set to D_DISCARD.

If I would understand how iredapd is "overruling" amavisd I could probably find the issues. But even after using grep on all *py, *php, *.conf and *ini files on the server to find 'spam_tag2_level' (because I know this value is in use) I only get a match for /libs/amavisd/spampolicy.py in iredadmin.

Maybe you can tell me the location and point in the mailflow where iredapd reads and applies the information from table policy in database amavisd.

I have disabled iredapd (commented out from postfix configuration) 6 hours after my last post and restarted amavisd and postfix. Since that moment spam is blocked exactly as I want (above 10) without any further changes to my amavisd.conf.

iRedAPD doesn't read $spam_tag2_level or related settings at all, unless you have whitelists in Amavisd sql db.

Of course I have the plugin 'amavisd_wblist' active. My whole report would make no sense if I would not. And disabling iredapd making all work is more then an evidence. I bought your software a few years ago to support your efforts because I like your approach. What I do not like is the way you answer in case you get a bug report. Shall I pay more money to make you fix your bugs? Really I don't care much about your software and I can fix the issues myself. However I don't think potential buyers will do if the know how you treat bug reports. You can close both open threads. I am done and so damn angry - really.

You made me confused, completely.

I'm still trying to figure out the issue, and you suddenly told me you're "so damn angry", what happened?

Let's back to your question first:

mensmaximus wrote:

Any SPAM regardless its score is tagged as spam and passed to the mailbox (marked PASSED SPAM by amavisd in the maillog)

"PASSED SPAM" means Amavisd + SpamAssassin detected the spam, but the spam policy is set to not discard or quarantine spam on file system or in sql db. That means you either have incorrect "$final_spam_destiny" setting in Amavisd config file or Amavisd sql db (managed with iRedAdmin-Pro or phpMyAdmin).

Suddenly you told me you're working on iRedAPD, but iRedAPD does nothing to spam quarantine or discarding at all. I just replied, and you told me you're "so damn angry". What happened? Tell me.

I believe no matter you have iRedAPD enabled or disabled, it doesn't matter at all in this case.

I appreciate every customers who bought our iRedAdmin-Pro licenses, but what does it matter in this case? I'm so active in this forum to support all iRedMail users - no matter you bought iRedAdmin-Pro license or not, no matter it's a technical questions/issues or a BUG REPORT, i always provide quick answers/fixes/patches in this forum.

You refused to discuss this technical issue, that's fine if you don't want to. We're still discussing this bug and i did NOT ask you to buy a support ticket to solve this issue, DID I?