- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): current
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?no
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
Hi there,
In my effort to wanting to use my own domain I have decided to use Iredmail. I have a few questions as follows.

1. What is a better backend to use for iRedmail SQL or LDAP? I've heard both are good but I'm not sure if one is better than the other.
2. Is it better for Iredmail to run NGINX because I've read on many forums that Nginx can handle load of incoming email better than Apache? I don't really mind which one I end up using but wanted to get some thoughts.
3- Does SpamAssasin and filtering come with Iredmail by default? what's the best way to get it up with my domain and authenticate it to work with my DNS records?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: IRedmail new

jmitra wrote:

1. What is a better backend to use for iRedmail SQL or LDAP? I've heard both are good but I'm not sure if one is better than the other.

No big difference between them, we recommend you to choose the one you're familiar with, so that you can easily manage your server.

jmitra wrote:

2. Is it better for Iredmail to run NGINX because I've read on many forums that Nginx can handle load of incoming email better than Apache? I don't really mind which one I end up using but wanted to get some thoughts.

For low traffic mail server, no difference at all.

jmitra wrote:

3- Does SpamAssasin and filtering come with Iredmail by default? what's the best way to get it up with my domain and authenticate it to work with my DNS records?

It's enabled by default.