==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  Latest
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  16.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi I'm trying to install nextcloud with iRedmail but one of the steps requires pointing upstream php handler to php7.0-fpm.sock which is missing from the /var/run/php/ directory. If i try https://myip/nextcloud i get a 502 error.

I've found a similarly named file in /var/fun/php-fpm.socket and i tried pointing it to that however that gives me a 404 error

Any idea what i can do?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: php7.0-fpm.sock missing

The php-fpm socket on Ubuntu 16.04 is /var/run/php-fpm.socket.

The 404 error may be caused by your (improper) Nginx config, it's better to show us full config here so that we can help figure it out.

Here is my 00-default.conf any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post's attachments

00-default.conf 6.4 kb, 7 downloads since 2016-08-27 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Suggestion: Move all your nextcloud config to file /etc/nginx/templates/nextcloud.tmpl, then include it in 00-default.conf BEFORE line "include /etc/nginx/templates/php-catchall.tmpl;".

If it still has error, please show us original error message in your web browser and Nginx error log file.

I did all of that and im still getting this error in the /var/log/nginx/error.log :

2016/08/28 01:45:00 [error] 22301#22301: *18 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, server: _, request: "GET /nextcloud HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php-fpm.socket:", host: "localhost"

Also included the new  00-default.conf and nextcloud.tmpl in the attatchment

Post's attachments

00-default.conf 2.26 kb, 6 downloads since 2016-08-27 

nextcloud.tmpl 4.2 kb, 8 downloads since 2016-08-27 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

In nextcloud.tmpl:

location /nextcloud {
            rewrite ^ /nextcloud/index.php$uri;
        }

Do you have directory '/nextcloud' (under the root directory "/" of your server)? Show us output of command please:

ls -dl /nextcloud

yes the nextcloud folder is in the /var/www/ directory

using the command ls -dl /nextcloud would output:

root@hostname:/var/www# ls -dl nextcloud
drwxr-xr-x 14 www-data www-data 4096  八  25 04:01 nextcloud

Ok after days of research and hundreds of attempts of changing configurations. I finally got it to load.

Turns out for the https block all I had to do was to add an extra "root /var/www/;" above the "index index.php index.html;" just like in the http block.

Did i break anything by adding this?

You didn't understand my point.

If the real directory is /var/www/nextcloud, you should update the "location /nextcloud {}" to below one:

location /nextcloud {
            rewrite ^ /var/www/nextcloud/index.php$uri;
        }

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You didn't understand my point.

If the real directory is /var/www/nextcloud, you should update the "location /nextcloud {}" to below one:

location /nextcloud {
            rewrite ^ /var/www/nextcloud/index.php$uri;
        }

No i tried that already before you suggested it and it didn't work. In fact, I just tired it again just now to double check and can confirm that it doesn't work to change that rewrite directive.