1 (edited by loveland 2016-07-28 14:40:16)

Topic: iRedmail configuration to use with "Direct Mail for Mac"

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Cent OS 6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I have a working iredmail server that works normally with incoming and outgoing messages passing dkim and spf checks. What I dont know how to do is configure it for it's connection to the Mac app "Direct Mail" http://directmailmac.com/. Basically when you log in to direct mail for mac and add a new server i can add this server using default ports with no user authentication but this does not let me send mail from direct mail using the server. It only lets me send mail from their "e3" servers bc mine is not configured properly for smtp access or similar. I either don't have user authentication enabled or any user accounts that I can use or know of and there are no aliases. I don't get how to make the aliases either. What I want to do is add this server to direct mail with user authentication so that I can send mail from direct mail using my iredmail server and a few alias accounts or real accounts.. I've scoured the web for days trying to find this solution with no luck and should have had this done yesterday. This is very important for my company as we are losing money until this is fixed. (We had an old server that had to be redone which I did and now i can't get it to send right) Pleaseeee help!!

*if it may make things any easier, additionally I installed webmin and usermin on different ports other than their default as to not conflict with iredmail and this is working. I assume I could accomplish what I need through here as well if anyone is more familiar. Whatever will help me to get this done the quickest whether it's through command line, the iredadmin panel, or webmin I really appreciate any guidance here.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedmail configuration to use with "Direct Mail for Mac"

Check our quick guide to understand how to configure your MUA:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/#mua

It might be better to ask support from directmail.

Re: iRedmail configuration to use with "Direct Mail for Mac"

Thank you @ZhangHuangbin ill check that out for sure! Id still like to hear others input on this but I did actually figure it out!! I'll still need to learn more about securing even further and other variables but ive got pretty good security on it so far. The main issue had to do with configuring options in the main.cf file of course re: smtp authentication vars and meticulous googling and checking of other files to be sure i had things correct. I'm going to write an ansible script for a complete install supporting this and when i do that will come back here to help anyone else looking for this answer with further details as well.