1 (edited by genzyme 2016-07-23 02:10:46)

Topic: solved - root user unknown in virtual mailbox

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): v0.3.2 (MySQL)
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 3.13.0-85-generic GNU/Linux
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: N/A
====

From server1, root@my.domain.net sends mail to server2 (iredmail server) alert@my.domain.net and fails to receive with mail.log message:

Jul 21 09:40:22 usr postfix/smtpd[11536]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[x.x.x.x]: 550 5.1.0 <root@my.domain.net>: Sender address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<root@my.domain.net> to=<alert@my.domain.net> proto=ESMTP helo=<vcenterserver.different.domain>

Is there something I can do in iredmail config to fix this without adding root user.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: solved - root user unknown in virtual mailbox

If you want to send email to the system account 'root' on server2, you should send to 'root@[server_hostname]', not 'root@[virtual_mail_domain_name]'.

For example, if server2 has hostname "server2.mydomain.com", and your mail domain name is "my.domain.net", you should send to "root@server2.mydomain.com".

Re: solved - root user unknown in virtual mailbox

That was easy.  Thanks Zhang!