Topic: SOGo vacation cron error

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I had received those error since I upgraded my SOGo to 3.1.3:

2016-06-26 00:00:02.061 sogo-tool[15683] sogo-tool [-v|--verbose] [-h|--help] command [argument1] ...
-v, --verbose    enable verbose mode
-h, --help    display this help information

argument1, ...    arguments passed to the specified command

Available commands:
backup -- backup user folders
check-doubles -- check user addressbooks with duplicate contacts
create-folder -- create folders for a user
dump-defaults -- Prints the sogod GNUstep domain configuration as a property list
expire-sessions -- Expires user sessions without activity for specified number of minutes
manage-eas -- manage EAS folders
remove -- remove user data and settings from the db
remove-doubles -- remove duplicate contacts from the specified user addressbook
rename-user -- update records pertaining to a user after a change of user id
restore -- restore user folders
update-autoreply -- enable or disable auto reply for reached start/end dates
user-preferences -- set user defaults / settings in the database

Please advise your opinion with thanks

Quy

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: SOGo vacation cron error

Please check your sogo user's cron job. What cron jobs do you have? Any error if you run them manually?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Please check your sogo user's cron job. What cron jobs do you have? Any error if you run them manually?

I had those crons running under sogo user:

*   *   *   *   *   /usr/sbin/sogo-tool expire-sessions 30; /usr/sbin/sogo-ealarms-notify

# SOGo vacation messages expiration
# The credentials file should contain the sieve admin credentials (username:passwd)
0   0   *   *   *   /usr/sbin/sogo-tool expire-autoreply -p /etc/sogo/sieve.cred

I ran the SOGo vacation messages expiration manually and the output is the same of the error email:

/usr/sbin/sogo-tool expire-autoreply -p /etc/sogo/sieve.cred
2016-06-28 00:25:25.485 sogo-tool[26799] ERROR(+[GCSFolderManager defaultFolderManager]): default 'OCSFolderInfoURL' is not configured.
2016-06-28 00:25:25.496 sogo-tool[26799] sogo-tool [-v|--verbose] [-h|--help] command [argument1] ...
  -v, --verbose enable verbose mode
  -h, --help    display this help information

argument1, ...        arguments passed to the specified command

Available commands:
        backup              -- backup user folders
        check-doubles       -- check user addressbooks with duplicate contacts
        create-folder       -- create folders for a user
        dump-defaults       -- Prints the sogod GNUstep domain configuration as a property list
        expire-sessions     -- Expires user sessions without activity for specified number of minutes
        manage-eas          -- manage EAS folders
        remove              -- remove user data and settings from the db
        remove-doubles      -- remove duplicate contacts from the specified user addressbook
        rename-user         -- update records pertaining to a user after a change of user id
        restore             -- restore user folders
        update-autoreply    -- enable or disable auto reply for reached start/end dates
        user-preferences    -- set user defaults / settings in the database

4 (edited by deltatango 2016-06-29 03:15:51)

I've had the same problem for a few days since upgrading the sogo package from 3.1.2-1 to 3.1.3-1.  It looks like the sogo devs have changed the command from expire-autoreply to update-autoreply.

I changed my cronjob to be:

0   0   *   *   *   /usr/sbin/sogo-tool update-autoreply -p /etc/sogo/sieve.cred

and that fixed it.

It's just a guess, but perhaps they made the change back in 3.0, but have had some backwards compatibility up until 3.1.3.

Edit: the Sogo 3.1.0 doc says "expire-autoreply" while the 3.1.3 doc says "update-autoreply".  In my opinion, that kind of functional change that breaks existing systems should not be in a small maintenance patch.

deltatango wrote:

I've had the same problem for a few days since upgrading the sogo package from 3.1.2-1 to 3.1.3-1.  It looks like the sogo devs have changed the command from expire-autoreply to update-autoreply.

I changed my cronjob to be:

0   0   *   *   *   /usr/sbin/sogo-tool update-autoreply -p /etc/sogo/sieve.cred

and that fixed it.

It's just a guess, but perhaps they made the change back in 3.0, but have had some backwards compatibility up until 3.1.3.

Edit: the Sogo 3.1.0 doc says "expire-autoreply" while the 3.1.3 doc says "update-autoreply".  In my opinion, that kind of functional change that breaks existing systems should not be in a small maintenance patch.

I tried and it works. Thank you so much for that. I guess it's some changes made by the SOGo forks smile

quyhoang wrote:

2016-06-28 00:25:25.485 sogo-tool[26799] ERROR(+[GCSFolderManager defaultFolderManager]): default 'OCSFolderInfoURL' is not configured.

Did you see this error? OCSFolderInfoURL is a parameter in sogo.conf.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
quyhoang wrote:

Did you see this error? OCSFolderInfoURL is a parameter in sogo.conf.

The OCSFolderInfoURL error did not appear in Quy's first post, and I confess I missed it in his second post.  His described system config is the same as mine, except I use SQL where he uses LDAP. OCSFolderInfoURL sets a database URL, so perhaps that is why I didn't see an OCSFolderInfoURL error on my system.

This new sogo-tool argument was introduced in SOGo-3.1.3. I reported to SOGo mailing list to ask developers to notify all sogo users about this change.

Changes like this just make sys admins cannot sleep well at night. big_smile

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

This new sogo-tool argument was introduced in SOGo-3.1.3. I reported to SOGo mailing list to ask developers to notify all sogo users about this change.

Changes like this just make sys admins cannot sleep well at night. big_smile

Agreed.  The change is not even in the release notes or changelog (at least, not the ones I got with their Ubuntu package).  Grrr!

Then again, having Activesync on my mail server is VERY COOL, so I can't complain too much.

By the way, when you do a "repack" of iRedMail, how about bumping the version number, i.e. 0.9.5-2  or -3 instead of using the same version number even though the contents of the release are different.....

deltatango wrote:

By the way, when you do a "repack" of iRedMail, how about bumping the version number, i.e. 0.9.5-2  or -3 instead of using the same version number even though the contents of the release are different.....

Will do this after we go beyond 0.9.5-x. Because 0.9.5-1 is a bug fix release, not a simple repack. so it's better to start it since, e.g. 0.9.6.