1 (edited by zuotoski 2016-06-20 22:51:41)

Topic: Subfolders under shared folders Error

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): iRedMail-0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Windows 2003 Active Directory
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu)
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: as follows...
====

Hi!
  After dealing with some problems related to iRedMail and AD, now I am facing another problem, but this time it happens even with iRedMail typical installation (no AD integration). In a clean install with LDAP support, when trying to create a subfolder under a shared folder, both Sogo and Roundcube return and error message, like this:

SOGO:

An error occured while creating the mailbox "testfolder".

ROUNDCUBE:

An error occurred while saving.

What I did was to add user2 full rights to access user1 inbox, using Sogo first to share, then I tried to share using Roundcube, but both end up with the same result.

I also took a look in the logs, but couldn't determine which information/log file may be useful.

As I've mention, it is happening in a clean install, no extra configuration have been done, just added two users for testing - so, it may happen in your  online test installation, too. I couldn't test it because I don't know how to access Sogo and/or Roundcube in your environment, nor if this option is available.

Well, I need some help, please. What log should I post here? What parameters in this log should I set?

Again, any help will very appreciated.

Thank you.

UPDATE: Testing a little bit more, I've noticed that user2 just can not add subfolders under user2 Share INBOX root, but if user1 shares his Draft Folder, for example, the Draft folder appears under User2 Share INBOX then User2 can add subfolders under "Draft" there.
Now, User2 creates folders under Draft, but he can not delete them (even the ones created by himself). To enable folder and messages deletion, ALL permissions must be set using Roundcube->Advanced Mode. It works fine in Roundcube, but using Sogo it says "Requset Failure - An error occured while deleting the mailbox "testdraft". - also, if user2 tries to see his sharing right for the "testdraft" folder, it gets "Forbidden" message at the top of the screen.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Subfolders under shared folders Error

Sounds like some trouble with ACL inheritance:
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/ACL#ACL_Inheritance

If you cannot get it working by following above link, it's better to get support from Dovecot mailing list:
http://www.dovecot.org/mailinglists.html