Topic: Confused how db's are linked, I see user tables for vmail, sogo, rcube

I was looking through the different databases seeing how the usernames were listed in each database (vmail, roundcubemail, sogo). I noticed each of these databases has a table with users.
vmail= "mailbox" table > username
sogo= "users" table
roundcubemail= "users" table

Two questions:

1) Are these user tables all linked? I know if I create a new user in iredadmin panel it adds an entry in all three places. But if I delete directly from one db will it delete all the others?

2) I wanted to configure SOGo to not use the full email address to login, but since the username is entered as "user@domain.com" in the sogo user db I cannot do this. I only use one domain, so when creating users, can they get created as "username" instead of username@domain.com?
If not, will using LDAP instead of MySQL during setup make this be possible?

Thanks

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5.1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Confused how db's are linked, I see user tables for vmail, sogo, rcube

ottoman wrote:

1) Are these user tables all linked? I know if I create a new user in iredadmin panel it adds an entry in all three places. But if I delete directly from one db will it delete all the others?

Not linked.

*) `vmail` database contains the real mail accounts, including passwords.
*) `sogo.users` is a SQL VIEW, it doesn't store mail accounts, it's a mapping to `vmail.mailbox` table.
*) `roundcube` just stores the email address (no password) to identify per-user preferences.

ottoman wrote:

2) I wanted to configure SOGo to not use the full email address to login, but since the username is entered as "user@domain.com" in the sogo user db I cannot do this. I only use one domain, so when creating users, can they get created as "username" instead of username@domain.com?

What's wrong with logging with full email address?

Thank you for the response Zhang.

Nothing wrong with using the full email address, it is just more typing on a mobile device with a longer domain name, and users are used to putting in their only their username on current email system (less confusion).

PC/Mac web browsers can remember the username, and setup on mobile is an one-time job, so i think it's not that hard.