Topic: Unable to send mails from different server

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: centos 6.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I tried to take login details of iredmail to another server where mailing software is installed. But got this error: "Recipient address rejected: Policy rejection not logged in". I know the answer is given here: http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic9719 … ction.html but it didn't work for me. A lot has changed in iredmail!

Any help?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Unable to send mails from different server

It says you didn't perform smtp auth to send email. To fix it, just enable smtp sasl auth in your MUA.

and how do you do that? I mean which file to look into do the changes

The correct and best way to solve this issue is, enable SMTP AUTH in your mail client (e.g. Thunderbird, Outlook). This is not a server side issue or misconfiguration.

Got same issue here.

Client is another server (shared webhosting) that is sending mails via phpmailer.

I am aware of that phpmailer can do smtp auth, but then I would need to add login details of each website and store it in plain text on server for each sender email address, and well, it's delaying mail sending too.

What would be the best practice to solve this issue, while keeping smtp auth on email server?

Fixed, added external web server ip to mynetworks in postfix and iredapd.