Topic: Bug with RoundCube and "Display Name" field

When adding accounts in the iRedAdmin console, I add a display name to the user account .(ex. John Smith)

If I login to SOGo and send a mail, the mail goes out properly with the name "John Smith".

If I login to RoundCube and send a mail, there is no name in the email message. It just comes through as "john.smith@mydomain.com"

I have to manually go in to each user account in RoundCube and click on "Settings" and then "Identities" and then add a name for "Display Name".

This is not good because after creating many user accounts, the users don't bother doing this, and all their emails go out with no name, and it does not look professional.

Is there a way to have RoundCube pick up the "Display Name" field I entered in the iRedAdmin console?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5.1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Bug with RoundCube and "Display Name" field

Roundcube doesn't pull the display name from SQL/LDAP. You'd better ask Roundcube team to support this by creating an issue in its bug tracker:
https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/issues