Topic: Send mail to group in AD, sender receive Undelivered Mail Returned!

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Integrate Microsoft Active Directory by ldap
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? N
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
My iredmail was integrate with Microsoft 2003 AD, user account in AD can login and send mail to other, but
while I try send mail to AD group, all member in group received email, but sender receive Undelivered mail return too!
Can anybody help me this situation
---------------------------------------------------------
Final-Recipient: rfc822; g-it@xxxx.com.tw
Original-Recipient: rfc822;g-it@xxxx.com.tw
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: x-unix; user unknown
-------------------------------------------------------------
May 20 16:19:04 mailsrv postfix/pipe[4308]: 5E3B59E47A: to=<g-it@xxxx.com.tw>, relay=dovecot, delay=0.05, delays=0/0.01/0/0.03, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (user unknown)
May 20 16:19:04 mailsrv postfix/cleanup[4287]: 695829E479: message-id=<20160520081904.695829E479@mailsrv.xxxx.com.tw>
May 20 16:19:04 mailsrv postfix/bounce[4312]: 5E3B59E47A: sender non-delivery notification: 695829E479

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Send mail to group in AD, sender receive Undelivered Mail Returned!

The LDAP query in Dovecot config file is incorrect, please compare to our tutorial and double check your config file:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/active.directory.html

3 (edited by shenglinn 2016-05-20 23:08:21)

Re: Send mail to group in AD, sender receive Undelivered Mail Returned!

Due to different domain name between ad and mail, my ad domain 'xxxx.local' and mail domain 'yyyy.com', I change /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf, and 3 cf file in /etc/postfix by illustrate in http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic3165 … main.html, ,
change 'userPrincipalName' to 'mail', both login and email works, group send/receive ok too, only sender receive bounce??!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
user_filter     = (&(mail=%u)(objectClass=person)(!(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)))
pass_filter     = (&(mail=%u)(objectClass=person)(!(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)))
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
both user login and email send/receive works fine, send to group ok too, only sender receive bounce!!

If change attribute of this field back to 'userPrincipalName' from 'mail' at user_filter pass_filere column, user only can login with ad domain name, and but mail send/receive not work
Is there better way to solve this?
Thanks a lot