Topic: ArchLinux

I recently installed ArchLinux to try and experiment with this powerful distribution, I found that it is very light and stable, missing some packages that achieves compile as amavisd-new, I raised the idea developer IredMail "Zhang Huangbin" and told me to give support to this distrubution if apparently was not used by many people as an operating system for servers. I wonder if I have more people who have the same idea that I have to be able to add support for this distribution.

Regards,
Aluisco

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: ArchLinux

aluisco wrote:

I recently installed ArchLinux to try and experiment with this powerful distribution, I found that it is very light and stable, missing some packages that achieves compile as amavisd-new, I raised the idea developer IredMail "Zhang Huangbin" and told me to give support to this distrubution if apparently was not used by many people as an operating system for servers. I wonder if I have more people who have the same idea that I have to be able to add support for this distribution.

Regards,
Aluisco

Archlinux is a special Linux distribution in the world of Linux.
It is not recommended to use it for servers .... You have to updated it very often and can be very unstable between two updates ...
I use it for my laptop ...

thx

Re: ArchLinux

Thierry wrote:
aluisco wrote:

Regards,
Aluisco

Archlinux is a special Linux distribution in the world of Linux.
It is not recommended to use it for servers .... You have to updated it very often and can be very unstable between two updates ...
I use it for my laptop ...

thx

I know this is a special and come with many updates daily, I compile everything needed for implement IredMail like SOGo 3.0.2, Amavisd-new 2.10, and the dependencies, I will try deploy ... thanks anyway.

If you want test, please told me and I will give you a repository online with all packages necesary.

Regards,
Aluisco