Topic: Maildir data & client logging

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello,
I redmail pro with CentOS and MySQL.  Have not update to release done this week yet.

Client reports missing email.  Investigation via backup data reveals that the mail account has email missing as of May 5, 2016 but was there on May 4. They deny deleting or running any kind of archival scripts, etc.  They use Apple Mail and iPhone on current Apple releases. 

So, is there any log data that might show actions of clients like deleting messages?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Maildir data & client logging

Dovecot (POP3/IMAP server) doesn't log mail deletion action by default, so i'm afraid that no such log.

You may want to turn on verbose logging to get proof for similar situation:
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/MailLog

Thank you.

Interesting.  Restored numerous files from backup about 5 days ago.  The web client will read the files even though they appear slightly greyed out.  However, the iPhone and Apple Mail client do not seem to read or view the files despite that they Apple Mail client said it was downloading them. 

Any idea or thoughts?

What does the dovecot.log, uuidlist, etc. binary files represent per user?

What should permissions be on the directory Maildir/cur?

Set it to 600 with owner of vmail:vmail and the web client now errors on reading email messages?

Hmmm...  No answer to this post?

Obviously, if  permissions and ownerhsip matches other client maildirs, it my be something in the application stack (iredapd, iredmail, iredadmin-pro).  Correct?

All mailboxes under /var/vmail/vmail1 must be owned by user/group "vmail:vmail", with permission 0700.