Topic: Migration/New instalation

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:   CentOS Linux release 7.0.1406 (Core)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL (mariadb)
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?  yes - 2.4.4
====

Hi there

We did a fresh install of iRedmail and it seems we are having some small problems I would like to clarify with you.

- Greylist is taking far too long to “accept” emails after they are re-sent by the other ISP. I changed the settings for “GREYLISTING_BLOCK_EXPIRE = 3”, but the system is bouncing the message several times after I actually get the message delivered. Is there any conf we can change or adjust?

- I inserted gmail.com in the white list, but the system kept the greylist behavior. Basically it does not seem to be working. Just to clarify, I added gmailçcom in the whitelist after I sent the first message from gmail and the greylist started to do his “Job”

- Another question, we are migrating the old server to a new one (new one described in this email). In the tutorial, it says “IMPORTANT NOTE: iRedMail-0.8.7 drops several SQL columns, so before you import backup SQL database, please add them first. It's safe to drop them after you imported old database on new server.”. Version on both servers is the same (0.9.5). Do I still have to follow this?

Thank you!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Migration/New instalation

About the greylisting issue, it's a known issue and fixed in development edition, i will release a new version immediately.

As a temporary solution, please download the patched file:

cd /tmp/
wget https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredapd/raw/bf682a2ddb41146348068cb02e3227e590b13943/tools/spf_to_greylist_whitelists.py
mv spf_to_greylist_whitelists.py /opt/iredapd/tools/

Then run it immediately:

cd /opt/iredapd/tools/
python spf_to_greylist_whitelists.py
Adrianom wrote:

- Another question, we are migrating the old server to a new one (new one described in this email). In the tutorial, it says “IMPORTANT NOTE: iRedMail-0.8.7 drops several SQL columns, so before you import backup SQL database, please add them first. It's safe to drop them after you imported old database on new server.”. Version on both servers is the same (0.9.5). Do I still have to follow this?

No. With same iRedMail version, you can export from old server, and import on new server directly. No change required.

Greylist still have problems.

All emails sent to the server take at least 1 hour to arrive.
Even if we send an email from and to the same server it stays on the queue.

Adrianom wrote:

All emails sent to the server take at least 1 hour to arrive.

Did sender server retry in a short time? or it retried in 1 hour? Please check iRedAPD log file to figure it out.

Adrianom wrote:

Even if we send an email from and to the same server it stays on the queue.

Sending to account on same server doesn't trigger greylisting. Please check Postfix log file to figure out why it stays in queue.

This was actually solved. Thank you!