==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  0.9.4
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:

May 04 11:50:13 dict: Error: dict sql iterate failed: Not connected to database
May 04 11:50:14 dict: Error: mysql(127.0.0.1): Connect failed to database (vmail): Access denied for user 'vmailadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) - waiting for 5 seconds before retry
May 04 11:50:14 dict: Error: mysql(127.0.0.1): Connect failed to database (vmail): Access denied for user 'vmailadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) - waiting for 5 seconds before retry
May 04 11:50:19 dict: Error: mysql(127.0.0.1): Connect failed to database (vmail): Access denied for user 'vmailadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) - waiting for 25 seconds before retry
May 04 11:50:19 dict: Error: mysql(127.0.0.1): Connect failed to database (vmail): Access denied for user 'vmailadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) - waiting for 25 seconds before retry
====

Everything seems to be working fine, but I keep seeing this log entry in dovecot.log, and I am not sure where the problem is.  Please advise.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: vmailadmin error in dovecot.log

Find the SQL user vmailadmin's password in file /opt/www/iredadmin/settings.py, and /etc/dovecot/dovecot-mysql.conf. Are they same?

The easiest way to solve it is resetting the password.

Thank you so much for your speedy response.
The password for vmailadmin in /opt/www/iredadmin/settings.py  was incorrect and I changed it.
But I didnt find "vmailadmin" in /etc/dovecot/dovecot-mysql.conf.  I only found vmail user in that file so I did not change anything.

Ill update you in a few minutes if anything changes with the logs

77 wrote:

But I didnt find "vmailadmin" in /etc/dovecot/dovecot-mysql.conf.

Sorry, my mistake. try this:

cd /etc/dovecot/
grep -l 'vmailadmin' *

Thank you again, the log is no longer showing the error.