Topic: calendar/contact sync, managesieve support

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.4
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? not yet
====

I'm new to iRedMail, but I've been running Postfix servers for many years. So far I'm very impressed with iRedMail.

Do I understand correctly that Roundcube keeps its own separate calendar and contacts and there is no way to sync to them?  On the other hand SOGo calendar/contacts are available via EAS and Cal/Car-DAV?

I didn't see any way within SOGo to use managesieve, but it is possible within Roundcube. Looking through release notes for older iRedMail versions, I see that if one installs Roundcube, managesieve is disabled within SOGo. How can I turn managesieve back on for SOGo (and off for Roundcube if required)?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: calendar/contact sync, managesieve support

deltatango wrote:

Do I understand correctly that Roundcube keeps its own separate calendar and contacts and there is no way to sync to them?

Roundcube doesn't have calendar/contacts/tasks.

deltatango wrote:

On the other hand SOGo calendar/contacts are available via EAS and Cal/Car-DAV?

Yes.

deltatango wrote:

I see that if one installs Roundcube, managesieve is disabled within SOGo. How can I turn managesieve back on for SOGo (and off for Roundcube if required)?

*) To disable managesieve in Roundcube, just disable its plugin "managesieve" (in file /opt/www/roundcubemail/config/config.inc.php on Debian/Ubuntu).
*) To enable managesieve in SOGo, find settings below in /etc/sogo/sogo.conf:

//SOGoSieveServer = sieve://127.0.0.1:4190;
    //SOGoSieveScriptsEnabled = YES;
    //SOGoVacationEnabled = YES;
    //SOGoForwardEnabled = YES;
    SOGoSieveFolderEncoding = UTF-8;

Enable them (by removing '//'), then restart SOGo service.

Notes:

*) SOGo stores sieve rules in SQL database, then dump to file (by SOGo) (so don't modify sieve file directly if you use managesieve service offered by SOGo).
*) Roundcube stores sieve rules in file directly.
*) The sieve file generated by SOGo and Roundcube are not fully compatible, so don't enable sieve support in BOTH of them.

Re: calendar/contact sync, managesieve support

That did the trick, thanks.

I see that SOGo does not fix the generated sieve rules if you rename a folder after rule creation. Hopefully that got some attention in v3.