1 (edited by rvaedex23 2016-04-15 23:17:57)

Topic: archive

I have never used or installed iRedmail.  I wanted to know if iRedMail can archive emails. 
By that I mean can I run a script to say anything that's older than 3 days archive it.

I installed another software and it archives only incoming emails with filters and that will not work.

thanks
Roger

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by tyllee 2016-04-16 01:37:15)

Re: archive

I've been thinking on this to. This is the plan I have to achieve archiving

RSYNC backup script that do NOT delete from destination (all emails are stored as single files)
The destination will be a simple linux server with dovecot

Then there will be a remove script at iRedMail-server that removes files older than DAYS.

I've not implemented this yet and I do not know if it will work but I don't se why it would not work.

And sync the userdatabase and email database from iRedMailserver to archive server.

A simple archive solution is Postfix bcc setting. If it's not good enough for you, you may want to try mail archive software like this:
http://www.mailpiler.org/wiki/start

I will set up the email server using IMAP therefore I probably will not have access to the emails to archive.
I am stuck.  I cannot use POP.

tyllee wrote:

I've been thinking on this to. This is the plan I have to achieve archiving

RSYNC backup script that do NOT delete from destination (all emails are stored as single files)
The destination will be a simple linux server with dovecot

Then there will be a remove script at iRedMail-server that removes files older than DAYS.

I've not implemented this yet and I do not know if it will work but I don't se why it would not work.

And sync the userdatabase and email database from iRedMailserver to archive server.

Can I use postfix to set it up as a mail server?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

A simple archive solution is Postfix bcc setting. If it's not good enough for you, you may want to try mail archive software like this:
http://www.mailpiler.org/wiki/start

rvaedex23 wrote:

Can I use postfix to set it up as a mail server?

Excuse me, What do you mean "use postfix to set it up as a mail server"?