==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): iRedMail-0.9.4
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No/Not yet
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: N/A
====
I created a folder /var/www/html into which I dumped my WordPress Files, based on past postings that I have read. I am new to Nginx. I'd like the WordPress site to be the default landing page for visitors, while still being able to access iRedAdmin and SOGo sites. I do not mind that everything defaults to https. In fact, in this day and age I think that this is not unreasonable. However, for visitors, I'd like them to see this site at myurl.com, rather than myurl.com/html. Please advise. Thank you very much.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Nginx website with iRedMail

ice8 wrote:

I'd like them to see this site at myurl.com, rather than myurl.com/html

Place wordpress files under /var/www, not /var/www/html.

Thank you, thank you!

I like Nginx but for some reason it's a steeper learning curve for me than Apache. It should have occurred to me that basics don't change (much).

Is there a way to donate to the project without buying a license for Pro interface? While the interface would be beneficial, I am starting a small business and simply cannot afford it at the moment. However, I do donate to open source projects that I use, and would like to support this one, as well.

Great work Mr. Zhang! Your efforts are much appreciated.

ice8 wrote:

Thank you, thank you!

I like Nginx but for some reason it's a steeper learning curve for me than Apache. It should have occurred to me that basics don't change (much).

Is there a way to donate to the project without buying a license for Pro interface? While the interface would be beneficial, I am starting a small business and simply cannot afford it at the moment. However, I do donate to open source projects that I use, and would like to support this one, as well.

Great work Mr. Zhang! Your efforts are much appreciated.

Nginx is a better platform to learn though, much more extensible and less bloated. There is a slight bit more to learn, as the PHP engine is external to Nginx, the configuration is a lot saner than it looks at first - the only painful thing is lack of .htaccess, but this also makes requests much quicker - you can do everything a .htaccess file did, you just have to consolidate it into the main config file for that site.
Regarding donations, see Zhang's reply above, his signature has a link to "Buy [HIM] a Coffee" smile

@7t3chguy

On the Nginx - I do like the responsiveness. I'll be spending more time "tinkering", analyzing and reading the documentation. It seems worthwhile.

WRT donations, I was thinking in these terms. Was looking for confirmation. Loud and clear...