- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.4
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

good afternoon!
I need to migrate pop and imap accounts hosted on another server on the Internet into my iredmail. how do I proceed?

Thks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Migrate pop and imap accounts from other server

You can use 'imapsync' to migrate mailboxes via IMAP protocol. It requires you to know all username and passwords on current server for this migration.

For iRedMail, you can use Dovecot Master User, no need to know all usernames and passwords. Reference:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/dovecot.master.user.html

Thanks for the reply.
Imap is not the problem.
The problem is the POP3 accounts. I do not know what POP3 server (dovecot, courier, etc ...) is running on the remote site. I have to import the e-mails that are in this remote site to my server with iredmail.

How can I import the POP3 accounts?

Thank you

is it possible to enable IMAP service for those POP3 accounts? then migrate.

Just a thought, but what is a "POP3 account" on your remote site?  Aren't they just "email accounts" and you set the local email client to connect via either IMAP or POP3?  Are you saying that some accounts do not allow connection via POP3 vs IMAP?  If so that's not very friendly for today's world of multiple devices (phones, tablets, etc...)

Generally speaking IMAP and POP3 are just retrieval protocols and there is no differentiation at the account level.