==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.4
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: xubuntu 14.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? nope
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I have a iredmail box setup and am tinkering with it testing it out, some of my mail from other domains comes in instantly but not all some takes forever to arrive and can be hours, xubuntu 14.04 and iredmail 0.9.4 i think its due to greylisting. how can i add domains to bypass a greylist check or disable greylisting fully? i can send out instantly its just incoming from some addresses that get delayed. live.com gmail.com and bellaliant.net are instant to name a few, but mail.com addresses and eastlink.ca addresses take up to 4 hours to arrive once sent.

is it cluebringer or policyd? or something else, what do i need to do to make the emails come in faster

how can i fix this i wouldnt be able to have this happening in a live environment if i implement this server in production.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: emails taking forever to arrive in my inbox

The command was:

python /opt/iredapd/tools/greylisting_admin.py - - disable

Check this for more.

http://www.iredmail.org/docs/manage.iredapd.html

3 (edited by Twml 2016-04-01 07:08:20)

Re: emails taking forever to arrive in my inbox

so after i enter in my ssh terminal:
python /opt/iredapd/tools/greylisting_admin.py --disable
my emails should arrive fine?  and if it breaks something to undo it would just be: enable?
like this: python /opt/iredapd/tools/greylisting_admin.py --enable

thats what i get from checking that page and doing a nano edit on the greylisting_admin.py file and reading the greeen text about  - enable - disable - delete sections.

edit: after entering the command i get this error in terminal:

root@myservername:/# python /opt/iredapd/tools/greylisting_admin.py --disable
<<< ERROR >>> No valid operation specified. Exit.

edit 2: i did this and it produced a output does this output means it worked?

to me it looks like it worked now no clue why the full file path didnt work.
what i did different was did a cd to the directory and ran it on the file directly not putting full file path.

root@myservername:/# cd /opt/iredapd/tools
root@myservername:/opt/iredapd/tools# python greylisting_admin.py --disable
* Disable greylisting: @. -> @.

Seems to of done the job, emails now arrive in usually 30 seconds or less a lot better then the original 4 hours.