Topic: No/wrong web server installed/running

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.4
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mariadb
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Fresh install today on new cents vps.

I selected nginx during installation. Nginx wasn't installed, apache was. Apache wasn't started so none of th links work, /mail, /iredadmin. So I start apache and links still do not work. Checking apache access and error show nothing when I try to access the links.

What to do now.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: No/wrong web server installed/running

jgjh151 wrote:

I selected nginx during installation. Nginx wasn't installed, apache was.

Could you please check file "iRedMail-0.9.4/config", what's the value of parameters below?

export WEB_SERVER_IS_NGINX='YES'
export WEB_SERVER_IS_APACHE='NO'

3 (edited by jgjh151 2016-03-24 20:13:29)

They are like this:

========

nginx -v
bash: nginx: command not found

========

httpd -v
Server version: Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS)
Server built:   Nov 19 2015 21:43:13

jgjh151 wrote:

They are like this:

This is correct.
Could you please show us output of command below:

yum repolist

yum repolist
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Determining fastest mirrors
* base: mirrors.centos.webair.com
* extras: mirrors.centos.webair.com
* updates: mirrors.centos.webair.com
SOGo                                                                                                379/379
newrelic                                                                                            116/116
repo id                           repo name                                                           status
!SOGo/x86_64                      Inverse SOGo Repository                                               379
!base/7/x86_64                    CentOS-7 - Base                                                     9,007
!extras/7/x86_64                  CentOS-7 - Extras                                                     226
!iRedMail                         iRedMail                                                             26+3
!newrelic/x86_64                  New Relic packages for Enterprise Linux 5 - x86_64                    116
!updates/7/x86_64                 CentOS-7 - Updates                                                    952
repolist: 10,706

Why no "epel" yum repo? It's enabled by iRedMail by default, and nginx is available in EPEL repo.

jgjh151 wrote:

!newrelic/x86_64                  New Relic packages for Enterprise Linux 5 - x86_64                    116

Why does it show "Enterprise Linux 5"?

Could you please show us whole content in file /etc/redhat-release?

7 (edited by jgjh151 2016-03-24 23:43:06)

Install said no epel and it wouldn't proceed until it was removed.
The new relic uses same install for Centos7 and RedHat Ent., it's just a label.
/etc/redhat-release = "CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core)"

Try again with updates sources list?  What exactly should be in the sources list to get the install to work?

Try this:

*) Install CentOS 7 with minimal packages. But ssh is required.
*) Follow iRedMail installation guide to install iRedMail-0.9.4:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/install.ir … .rhel.html

9 (edited by jgjh151 2016-03-25 01:19:36)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Try this:

*) Install CentOS 7 with minimal packages. But ssh is required.
*) Follow iRedMail installation guide to install iRedMail-0.9.4:

I can't install with minimal packages, all I can do it pick the OS and version. It's either failing from the sources list, which the instructions don't say what they should be or it's the networking info right at the beginning of installation docs (below).

Epel is in sources list by default. Installation won't proceed with it in there so I remove it. But you're saying install needs it for nginx.

What does this mean?
127.0.0.1   mx.example.com mx localhost localhost.localdomain
So I put the VPS ip in there or leave all as is except replace the "mx.example.com mx" with my info?

Here is default on fresh VPS

yum repolist
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
base                                                                                 | 3.6 kB  00:00:00
epel/x86_64/metalink                                                                 |  10 kB  00:00:00
epel                                                                                 | 4.3 kB  00:00:00
extras                                                                               | 3.4 kB  00:00:00
updates                                                                              | 3.4 kB  00:00:00
(1/7): base/7/x86_64/group_gz                                                        | 155 kB  00:00:00
(2/7): epel/x86_64/group_gz                                                          | 169 kB  00:00:00
(3/7): base/7/x86_64/primary_db                                                      | 5.3 MB  00:00:00
(4/7): epel/x86_64/updateinfo                                                        | 518 kB  00:00:00
(5/7): extras/7/x86_64/primary_db                                                    | 101 kB  00:00:00
(6/7): epel/x86_64/primary_db                                                        | 3.9 MB  00:00:00
(7/7): updates/7/x86_64/primary_db                                                   | 3.2 MB  00:00:00
Determining fastest mirrors
* base: mirror.atlanticmetro.net
* epel: mirrors.mit.edu
* extras: mirror.atlanticmetro.net
* updates: mirror.atlanticmetro.net
repo id                             repo name                                                         status
base/7/x86_64                       CentOS-7 - Base                                                   9,007
*epel/x86_64                        Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 7 - x86_64                    9,672
extras/7/x86_64                     CentOS-7 - Extras                                                   226
updates/7/x86_64                    CentOS-7 - Updates                                                  968
repolist: 19,873

11 (edited by jgjh151 2016-03-25 01:25:41)

Actually it is proceeding with the install on the default centsos sources list now.

12 (edited by jgjh151 2016-03-25 02:22:26)

Success! Thanks for your help, I owe you coffee.

Can't add email alias in the admin area?  $500 for the pro version?  Going to be not using this I guess. At this price it's multiples more than cPanel or Pleask annually which provide a lot more value and features. Was a waste of time I guess I should have checked the very limited features of the free version. Thanks anyway.

jgjh151 wrote:

Can't add email alias in the admin area?

You can create it with sql command line tool by following this tutorial:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/sql.create.mail.alias.html

And needless to say, you always have the right to choose the one you prefer. Good luck. smile

[thread closed since the issue was solved, feel free to create a new topic for new issue/question.]