1 (edited by lordhelmet 2016-03-22 15:36:37)

Topic: Sogo: Active Sync stopped to work

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 094
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):  Apache2
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: -
====

Active Sync worked, I then changed Certificates to Wo-Sign and sometimes after that it just stopped. No Sync. Deleted the Account on Android and now when adding the Account Android shows me: Cant connect to server. No message in Apache/error.log. No message in Sogo.log. Only message I get is in apache/access.log:

x.x.x.x - - [22/Mar/2016:08:09:44 +0100] "OPTIONS /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync HTTP/1.1" 200 2495 "-" "Android/5.1.1-EAS-2.0"
x86_64) 

What could that be? If I change the settings to "ssl/tls" (not ssl/tls any certificate) android does not show "cant connect", but "tls 1.2 error". I have SOGoEASDebugEnabled = YES;.
Thx

Edit Update: I changed to a false user name in the android setup screen and its the same. just one access in access.log, no errors in error.log or sogo.log. So connection is made but nothing moves.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Sogo: Active Sync stopped to work

No message in /var/log/sogo/sogo.log? How about revert the old ssl cert?

Just a reminder, here in China, government has the rights to (no matter legally or illegally) get any info from a company, including SSL cert, and you should know that biggest companies are always working closely with/for government. The fighting for end user/customer's privacy between Apple and FBI will never happen in this land, there's no privacy at all.

It might be better to switch to Let's Encrypt if you want a free cert with trust.
https://letsencrypt.org

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

No message in /var/log/sogo/sogo.log? How about revert the old ssl cert?

Just a reminder, here in China, government has the rights to (no matter legally or illegally) get any info from a company, including SSL cert, and you should know that biggest companies are always working closely with/for government. The fighting for end user/customer's privacy between Apple and FBI will never happen in this land, there's no privacy at all.

It might be better to switch to Let's Encrypt if you want a free cert with trust.
https://letsencrypt.org

hy, thx. I switched back to the self signed certificate, no change. No lines in sogo.log or error.log

lordhelmet wrote:

hy, thx. I switched back to the self signed certificate, no change. No lines in sogo.log or error.log

Was your client blocked in iptables? Please check with command:

iptables -L -n

5 (edited by lordhelmet 2016-03-22 23:57:19)

No, its not in Iptables of the server.
I can telnet from the android to 143 (i get dovecot welcome), 25 (get postfix welcome), 443 (it connects, nothing displayed).

OK, I got it smile
My Apache setup is so, that requests https://fqdn  are redirected to Roundcube.
So I had to configure Active Sync with the server: fqdn/SOGo
It then worked smile
Thx

p.s.: A simple test is to call the following URI in a browser:
fqdn/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync/
--> empty window: OK
--> 404 - wrong uri

Thanks for sharing. smile

[thread closed]