Topic: Limit outgoing messages per hour

Hi there,

my new ISP has a 100 messages per hour limit. I need a way to limit messages per hour using iRedMail-Pro (keep in queue and flush, for example, one email per minute).

Authenticated users sending to local domains have no limit.

I need a limit only for domains like Hotmail, Gmail, etc. But a 100 messages/hour for ALL external domains.

Any idea where do I begin?

Thanks wink

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Limit outgoing messages per hour

You can manage throttle setting with iRedAdmin-Pro in domain profile page, under tab "Throttling". Does it match your need?

Hello Zhang,

I think not. In there I can limit each "user". I need to limit the entire server, for all users and domains.

Example: a user sends 500 e-mails at once, all to external domains (Hotmail, Gmail, etc). Server will delivery, for example, one message per minute, so, 60 messages per hour. If other users send more messages, they will be queued and all messages, from all users, will be flushed one by one, one per minute.

I read about a Postfix config to limit one message per domain per minute, but this is not enough, because, in theory, the user can send 200 e-mails with 200 different domains... 

Any ideas?

We have global, per-domain and per-user throttle settings.

*) For global throttle setting, please go to: System -> Anti Spam -> Throttle.
*) For per-domain or per-user throttle settings, please go to account profile page.

Note: if client exceeds the limit, further emails will be rejected directly instead of holding in Postfix queue.

Yes, in this case is a global throttle.

The problem is that reject the messages is not possible. The idea is limit the entire server to send 100 messages per hour to external domains, but without affect the user (despite that messages can be delivery late if >100/hour).

InWeb wrote:

The idea is limit the entire server to send 100 messages per hour to external domains

Currently, iRedAPD throttling just applies on individual, sot entire server, but it's possible to improve it to achieve this.