- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.4
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: ubuntu 14.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? yes
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,
I am not sure whats up - i am using MS Outlook to receive emails through POP.
My settings are to download them and leave them on server until after like 25 days.

this always worked i remember.

recently - might be since i upgraded iredadminpro, i am receiving a lot of emails doubled up in outlook... when i was checking roundcube webmail i found that the inbox was "almost" empty - just the recent 2-3 emails there - and those would disappear after multiple downloads from outlook...

do you suggest this is an outlook issue?
where would i be able to find some info in a log file about when/why those emails would be deleted and/or why double downloaded?

thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Double Emails in Outlook

It "MIGHT" be an outlook issue. How about stop using Outlook for some time (e.g. several days) as a testing, does this issue occur again if you use other mail client applications like Roundcube Webmail (IMAP), Thunderbird? Let's confirm whether or not it's an Outlook issue this way.

Also, which Outlook version are you running? Outlook 2016?

yes it is outlook 2016.

I really can't stop using Outlook - i use it in business and i have too many emails and too many accounts connected to be able to work without or with some other client.

i will first try switching off the "delete after 25 days"

but is there any place i could see a log file of what deletes messages in an inbox?

I don't mean that you should stop using Outlook forever, it's just stop using it for some time and use other alternatives, to make sure whether or not it's an Outlook issue.

If this issue happens with other mail client applications, they it's a server-side issue.

yeah i have problems to do that and keep up doing business...

anyway - will try to do so...

however, is there a way of seeing when messages are deleted from the server?

i guess i found the issue - just in case someone else has this problem - its an outlook problem
http://www.howto-outlook.com/news/outlo … y-2016.htm

guess/hope solved soon by microsoft...
thanks for the help

Thanks for sharing. smile