1 (edited by pasaisea 2016-02-19 23:13:19)

Topic: Sender address rejected: not logged in

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello, I always have this error whenever I tried to send email to yahoo mail from my own mail server. Let's say i triend to send email from myown@mailserver.com to my yahoo mail which auto forward all yahoo mails to myown2@mailserver.com then I always got Mailer Daemon notice "Sender address rejected: myown2@mailserver.com not logged in"

But of course myown2@mailserver.com doesn't need to login because it's just only auto forwarded mails from yahoo.com

Any idea how to fix it? I've read all other topics "Sender address rejected: not logged in" and the problem is there is no SMTP auth needed because it's yahoo mail auto forward. I also tried adding ip to mynetworks in postfix main.cf but same thing. The mailer daemon message still showing up

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<myown2@mailserver.com>:
Remote host said:
553 5.7.1 <myown@mailserver.com>: Sender address rejected: not logged in
[RCPT_TO]

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Sender address rejected: not logged in

*) You send email from "myown@mailserver.com" to Yahoo, the sender address is "myown@mailserver.com".
*) Yahoo forwards this email to "myown2@mailserver.com" without modifying the sender address, so the sender address is "myown@mailserver.com".

In this case, sender and recipient addresses are both hosted on your server. Postfix is configured to reject email which sent from hosted mail domains without smtp authentication (that's why the reject message is "sender not logged in").

There's no easy solution to fix this issue, unless Yahoo rewrites the sender address. a.k.a. SRS:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Rewriting_Scheme

Re: Sender address rejected: not logged in

is there any fix to remove the mailer daemon at least?