- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.4
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello,
I recently found iRedMail and decided to give it a try. Although there are some things I don't like, it seems solid, but I bumped into 2 little problems. I post it here so you can fix it in next version:

1. Installer is missing one dependency. I had to manually install python-ldap (yum install python-ldap) in order to run iredapd
2. iredapd isn't starting with system. "chkconfig iredapd on" can solve that

I also recommend to create systemd script. Although init.d is supported for now in RHEL7, its support can be (and probably will be) removed in the future.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Suggestions for installer improvement

First of all, feedbacks, suggestions, bug reports are always welcome.

stibila wrote:

1. Installer is missing one dependency. I had to manually install python-ldap (yum install python-ldap) in order to run iredapd

python-ldap is not required if you run iRedMail SQL editions. You may need to remove compiled Python binary files and try again:

cd /opt/iredapd/
find . -name '*pyc' | xargs rm -f {}
service iredapd restart
stibila wrote:

2. iredapd isn't starting with system. "chkconfig iredapd on" can solve that

iRedMail has code to do this (file functions/iredapd.sh). It might be something wrong on your server.

stibila wrote:

I also recommend to create systemd script. Although init.d is supported for now in RHEL7, its support can be (and probably will be) removed in the future.

Sure, we will create systemd script for iredapd in future release.

Re: Suggestions for installer improvement

Well I don't know what can be wrong with fresh CentOS 7 install on virtual server.