Topic: Thunderbird Client with redmail

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.4
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bit
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello everyone!

First of all: Thanks for this great Mail-Server.

Everything works fine so far. I installed iredmail on a fresh Ubuntu 14.04 Virtual-Server. I can send and receive mails through the webmailer roundcube.

But:
If i try to setup my email-client thunderbird... It seems like apache blocks my IP-Adress or something. Even HTTP-Requests to my server from a browser didnt work anymore.

If i try to connect by windows telnet everything works fine:
220:mail.mydomain.com ESMTP Postfix

I dont no what to do anymore. I did it exactly like in the docs at: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/configure.thunderbird.html

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Thunderbird Client with redmail

Did you check whether or not the IP of this client was blocked in iptables? if yes, it might be triggered by fail2ban. You may want to disable fail2ban service temporarily, and enable it after all your clients are settle down.

Re: Thunderbird Client with redmail

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Did you check whether or not the IP of this client was blocked in iptables? if yes, it might be triggered by fail2ban. You may want to disable fail2ban service temporarily, and enable it after all your clients are settle down.

Oh my god! It worked like a charm! Thank you so much! It was such frustrating! Keep up the good work! smile