- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.3
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  CentOS7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?  Yes
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: See Below
====

Here's the log file excerpt:

Jan 19 04:25:38 mail postfix/smtp[13476]: connect to 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10024: Connection refused
Jan 19 04:25:38 mail postfix/smtp[13476]: BFF9C4614: to=<info@email.com>, relay=none, delay=0.08, delays=0.06/0.01/0/0, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (connect to 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10024: Connection refused)

I just created a new server and moved everything over.  absolutely everything works except for receiving mail.  Roundcube, iRedAdmin-Pro, and sending mail works fine.  It looks like with each mail coming in, I get the above message.  On a brand new installation, what could this be?

thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Postfix Connection Refused

usafitz wrote:

Jan 19 04:25:38 mail postfix/smtp[13476]: connect to 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10024: Connection refused

reference:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/errors.html

it almost looks like amavis didn't install with everything else... is that possible?

[admin@wpemail ~]$ service amavisd restart
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl restart  amavisd.service
==== AUTHENTICATING FOR org.freedesktop.systemd1.manage-units ===
Authentication is required to manage system services or units.
Authenticating as: root
Password:
==== AUTHENTICATION COMPLETE ===
Failed to restart amavisd.service: Unit amavisd.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
[admin@wpemail ~]$ vi /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf
[admin@wpemail ~]$ cd /etc/
[admin@wpemail etc]$ ls
adjtime                             gcrypt                    mtab                         rsyslog.d
aliases                             gnupg                     my.cnf                       rwtab
aliases.db                          GREP_COLORS               my.cnf.2016.01.18.20.42.57   rwtab.d
alternatives                        groff                     my.cnf.d                     sasl2
anacrontab                          group                     nanorc                       screenrc
audisp                              group-                    NetworkManager               securetty
audit                               gshadow                   networks                     security

*) Why you don't have directory /etc/amavisd/? Do you have package 'amavisd-new' installed?
*) This is the first time i saw it requires authentication to start a service. Do you have any systemd settings for this?

usafitz wrote:

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.3
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  CentOS7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?  Yes
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: See Below
====

Here's the log file excerpt:

Jan 19 04:25:38 mail postfix/smtp[13476]: BFF9C4614: to=<info@email.com>, relay=none, delay=0.08, delays=0.06/0.01/0/0, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (connect to 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10024: Connection refused)

I just created a new server and moved everything over.  absolutely everything works except for receiving mail.  Roundcube, iRedAdmin-Pro, and sending mail works fine.  It looks like with each mail coming in, I get the above message.  On a brand new installation, what could this be?

thanks!

I have noticed that on new Centos 7 installs, Amavisd is refusing connections upon restart. If you start the service manually, mail will begin to work correctly.

It was frustrating because it was a brand new install of CentOS 7.  I ran the install script for iRedMail and then did the 'upgrade' script for iRedAdmin-Pro.  After that, I moved all the vmail folders over with rsync (to keep permissions), and added the backups from the old server to the databases (minus the mysql one).  When all was said and done, and after quite a few hours, everything was working except for getting mail... and the /etc directory doesn't have amavisd in it.  If that didn't install, I don't think I can trust this server because I don't know whatelse could be missing.  I think I have to start from scratch.

It asked for authentication because I didn't run it as sudo.  Tried it again with sudo and same thing:

[admin@wpemail ~]$ sudo systemctl start amavisd
[sudo] password for admin:
Failed to start amavisd.service: Unit amavisd.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
[admin@wpemail ~]$

I analyzed my old server's /etc directory compared to the new ones, and here's what was missing on the new one.  It must have been a completely bad install.  I'll give it another shot, but if the next one doesn't work, I'll need some help figuring out why it's not doing what's expected.

thanks for the replies.

awstats - directory
fail2ban - directory
fonts - directory
GeoIP.conf - file
nginx - directory
pear - directory
policyd - directory
rearj.cfg - file
uwsgi.d - directory

Yep, it was absolutely a bad install... I did a completely new install (again) and everythings working great.  The only thing I did different was made sure I had the default repositiores enabled/installed before I started.

thanks for all your help, guys!