Topic: User access log

Is there any simple way to query a user log data?

The HTTP log has nothing because the GET request, the Dovecot writes evreything from the localhost IP (127.0.0.1) cause it is the client itself.

I need something like this:

userid;timestamp;user-real-ip-address;

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: User access log

What access log?

*) For POP3/IMAP, check /var/log/dovecot.log.
*) If you access via ActiveSync, check /var/log/sogo/sogo.log.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

What access log?

*) For POP3/IMAP, check /var/log/dovecot.log.
*) If you access via ActiveSync, check /var/log/sogo/sogo.log.

The truth is yours, but the user was active only through the web interface. And if you use Roundcube as the mail client, the Dovecot log contains every time a local IP address, as I described above. (Active Sync is not enabled in our installation.)

So the question remains the same: where is the real IP address of a user, who access the webmail via Roundcube?

i got log like this if user sent an email:

Jan 19 13:33:07 u14 roundcube: <bnhokgrl> User postmaster@a.cn [172.16.244.1]; Message for postmaster@a.cn; 250: 2.0.0 Ok: queued as 44A05C1265

In Dovecot log file, since webmail is the client, so it's always '127.0.0.1'.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

i got log like this if user sent an email:

Jan 19 13:33:07 u14 roundcube: <bnhokgrl> User postmaster@a.cn [172.16.244.1]; Message for postmaster@a.cn; 250: 2.0.0 Ok: queued as 44A05C1265

In Dovecot log file, since webmail is the client, so it's always '127.0.0.1'.

OK. But where is this log? That is what I am looking for... Is there a Roundcube log somewhere else? smile

Roundcube logs to Postfix log file.

FYI: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/file.locations.html