==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): latest
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: centos
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? yes
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi, i am having an issue with m y iredmail server, the server itself seems ok but the iredadmin dashboard is so slow to load, it takes 30 seconds to login , even locally on the server using localhost address, once in if i click any other link its fine, fast enough but as soon as i click dashboard to go back to first page from any other again 15 - 30 seconds to load ?

This is becoming unworkable as i have alot of admin to do atm

Thanks
A

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Slow Dashboard

If you're running the latest iRedAdmin-Pro release, please follow steps below to delete old records in Amavisd database, then the login will be fast.

# cd /var/www/iredadmin/tools/
# python cleanup_amavisd_db.py

Note: if you have many records in 'amavisd' database, it may take a long time, but it's safe to abort this script with Ctrl-C if you want to stop it and run it later.

Note: iRedMail will setup a daily cron job for root user to run this script. If you don't have this cron job, please add it manually. Sample:

# iRedMail: Cleanup Amavisd database
1   2   *   *   *   python /var/www/iredadmin/tools/cleanup_amavisd_db.py >/dev/null

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

If you're running the latest iRedAdmin-Pro release, please follow steps below to delete old records in Amavisd database, then the login will be fast.

# cd /var/www/iredadmin/tools/
# python cleanup_amavisd_db.py

Note: if you have many records in 'amavisd' database, it may take a long time, but it's safe to abort this script with Ctrl-C if you want to stop it and run it later.

Note: iRedMail will setup a daily cron job for root user to run this script. If you don't have this cron job, please add it manually. Sample:

# iRedMail: Cleanup Amavisd database
1   2   *   *   *   python /var/www/iredadmin/tools/cleanup_amavisd_db.py >/dev/null

Hi Zhang
I have done the above but it's not improved, still 30 secs to get dashboard up, I am using the iredapd as per install instructions, any more ideas I have tried restarting the server but still the same

Regards
A

Do you have below 2 settings in iRedAdmin-Pro config file?

AMAVISD_REMOVE_MAILLOG_IN_DAYS = 
AMAVISD_REMOVE_QUARANTINED_IN_DAYS = 

Did you increase the days? If so, please try to decrease them to, for example, 7. then run "python /var/www/iredadmin/tools/cleanup_amavisd_db.py" again.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Do you have below 2 settings in iRedAdmin-Pro config file?

AMAVISD_REMOVE_MAILLOG_IN_DAYS = 
AMAVISD_REMOVE_QUARANTINED_IN_DAYS = 

Did you increase the days? If so, please try to decrease them to, for example, 7. then run "python /var/www/iredadmin/tools/cleanup_amavisd_db.py" again.

Hi Zhang, that fixed it , the lines AMAVISD_REMOVE etc etc was not in the sttings.py under iredadmin folder, i have added these, rerun the cleanup and tested, it now logs in within 3 seconds. Thanks alot

Regards
Kurt

6 (edited by Animatrix 2016-01-08 19:03:39)

Hi Zhang, sorry scratch last reply about it being fixed, it was fine for an hour or so but now its back to 30 secs to bring up the dashboard ?

Any more ideas ?

Thanks
A

*) Which version of iRedAdmin-Pro are you running?
*) How many records in SQL database "amavisd"? show us all sql tables.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

*) Which version of iRedAdmin-Pro are you running?
*) How many records in SQL database "amavisd"? show us all sql tables.

It works for me.
Thanks.