Topic: Question about quarantine... Bug or am I not understanding the GUI?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Both
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I would like to know how quarantine options work (being lazy and not trying it)

In iRedAdmin-Pro, browse to domain => spam policy: Quarantining spam

If I disable Quarantining spam at the domain level it means that for users under that domain spam will not be quarantined, correct?

If that's the case, Quarantining spam checkbox remains checked for each user under the specific domain accounts which is confusing.

The way I see it, it is easy to understand it at the user-level. Admins can go and decide for which user quarantine is enabled but if Quarantining spam is disabled at the domain level all users under that specific domain shouldn't have a Quarantining spam checkbox enabled.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Question about quarantine... Bug or am I not understanding the GUI?

rafaelr wrote:

If that's the case, Quarantining spam checkbox remains checked for each user under the specific domain accounts which is confusing.

It's a "bug" in iRedAdmin-Pro, i will try to improve it in future release, at least avoid confusion.

*) I agree with you, if quarantining is disabled at domain level, all users under that domain shouldn't have the checkbox enabled.
*) But if this user have its own policy, quarantining control is defined in its own policy, per-domain setting won't be applied to this user.

My idea is, in future release of iRedAdmin-Pro, we should show 3 options (HTML radiobox):

*) Option "Use server default setting": If current user doesn't have per-user policy, this option should be checked. And it will apply per-domain or server-wide default policy.

*) Option "Enable quarantining": if this user have per-user policy, and quarantining is enabled, this option should be checked.

*) Option "Disable quarantining": if this user have per-user policy, and quarantining is disabled, this option should be checked.

== UPDATE ==

I created an issue to help track this bug:
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/issu … ol-in-user

Re: Question about quarantine... Bug or am I not understanding the GUI?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
rafaelr wrote:

It's a "bug" in iRedAdmin-Pro, i will try to improve it in future release, at least avoid confusion.

*) I agree with you, if quarantining is disabled at domain level, all users under that domain shouldn't have the checkbox enabled.
*) But if this user have its own policy, quarantining control is defined in its own policy, per-domain setting won't be applied to this user.

My idea is, in future release of iRedAdmin-Pro, we should show 3 options (HTML radiobox):

*) Option "Use server default setting": If current user doesn't have per-user policy, this option should be checked. And it will apply per-domain or server-wide default policy.

*) Option "Enable quarantining": if this user have per-user policy, and quarantining is enabled, this option should be checked.

*) Option "Disable quarantining": if this user have per-user policy, and quarantining is disabled, this option should be checked.

== UPDATE ==

I created an issue to help track this bug:
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/issu … ol-in-user

Hey Zhang,

while you're at it; would you mind to expand the HTML improvement into per-user/per-domain bypass spam/virus scanning so we can control the amavisd behavior from the ired-admin panel (instead of manually altering the amavisd.policy sql table) (virus_lover, spam_lover, bypass_virus_checks, bypass_spam_checks, etc..)