==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  0.9.1 apd: 1.6.0
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: centos 6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? PRO
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
I connected my laptop to my ISP that does not allow me to send any email but thru their own server, when I try to send email to myself or to anyone in a domain hosted by iRed the mail delivery fails with
Sender address rejected: not logged in

If I change the from address to another domain not hosted by iRed the mail is accepted fine.

it is a very common practice for DSL and cable providers to allow relay thru their servers without authentication as long as the sender is inside their network and they block any mail port to outside their network.

how can I fix this?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: rejected email via local ISP

A better way might be: send email through your own server, but use your ISP as relay host. To achieve this, just add below line in /etc/postfix/main.cf:

relayhost = smtp:[your_isp_server]:25

Please try it first, if it doesn't work, please contact your ISP to make sure whether it supports this or not.

huh!?? what do you  mean.
i run windows and thunderbird in my laptop. and as I said above my out of town ISP does not allow any access to send any email but via their server.
when i do this my iRedMail server refuses to send email to anyone user that it hosts in the same domain as I am sending.
example: my ired machine host domain1.com, domain2.com, domain3.com
my laptop has user1@domain1.com
ired refuses all email i sent to anu user in any of the domains. as i am forced to use my ISP server the only way I can make ired accept the email is to change the email address in my laptop to something other then any domain in ired.

sergiocesar wrote:

and as I said above my out of town ISP does not allow any access to send any email but via their server.
when i do this my iRedMail server refuses to send email to anyone user that it hosts in the same domain as I am sending.
example: my ired machine host domain1.com, domain2.com, domain3.com
my laptop has user1@domain1.com
ired refuses all email i sent to anu user in any of the domains.

Any related error log in Postfix log file?

Also, did you contact your ISP to ask whether they allow you to use their mail server as a relay host (Postfix parameter "relayhost")? You should give it a try.