Topic: iRedMail installation with non-default PHP and PostgreSQL on CentOS 7

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  PostgreSQL 9.4 (from PostgreSQL's Yum repository, not CentOS's)
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache 2.2
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I'm extremely new to iRedMail, but would like to use it; the problem I'm running into, however, is that the installer is expecting to find the PHP and PostgreSQL packages from the CentOS repositories, but I'm using the IUS Community versions of PHP and the [official] PostgreSQL released RPMs from their repositories, which the installer doesn't recognize. The reason for using these versions is simple, they have newer versions available than the CentOS repos.

From what I've read, there once was a manual installation method for iRedMail, but that it was discontinued some time ago. Is there a way that I can force the installer to either proceed without checking to see if the versions of these packages it expects are installed, or to specify the package names from the respective repos?

Thank you,
Raymond

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail installation with non-default PHP and PostgreSQL on CentOS 7

Hi Raymond,

You can try to update 'functions/packages.sh' to use correct package names for PHP/PGSQL, then it should be fine.

Note: if these PHP/PGSQL packages use different directories for config files, iRedMail may be not able to detect them and it will fail.

Thank you, I'll give that a try. As far as I can recall, the configuration files are located in the same places, but I'm not 100% sure.

Well, I'm going to report at least a partial success; I got the installation to complete however some of the setup phases I expected (such as the initialization of the database, its schema, etc.) didn't occur, but that might be due to something else going on. I'm going to wipe my test VM and give it another try, but your assistance was definitely beneficial! Thanks again!