Topic: Mysql based extensions for Iredmail.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.2 
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.03
- Store mail accounts in which backend: MYSQL
- Web server: Apache
- iRedAdmin-Pro: Yes
===========================

Hey all,

At our company we've setup an iredmail server with iredadmin pro.
We of course need similar functions as our last mail server.

so my question to all is are there any active extentions for global/shared calendar and address book also active-sync of some sort for MYSQL?

I've found a few but most are outdated and/or don't have the deb source anymore and are for LDAP only.

any sugestions on working builds are welcome smile

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Mysql based extensions for Iredmail.

Do you mean a global address book in Roundcube webmail? If so, yes we have one:
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic8703.html

3 (edited by Midsummer 2015-10-21 16:30:05)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Do you mean a global address book in Roundcube webmail? If so, yes we have one:
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic8703.html

Yes and no, a global address book is a bonus, we're looking more for a private calendar & shared calendar amoungst users which has support for caldav. So users could use a client to add both mail and shared calendar from the server.

I have found a few "solutions" only they are all using LDAP, but we want mysql based, a tad more difficult to find in my opinion.

Did you try this? (PDF)
http://www.nhusd.k12.ca.us/userfiles/fi … rShare.pdf

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Did you try this? (PDF)
http://www.nhusd.k12.ca.us/userfiles/fi … rShare.pdf

The problem here is that SOGo only works with LDAP (atleast of what I've seen)
and we need it to be MYQL. We never got SOGo to work because of this, that's why I'm looking for alternative extensions smile

SOGo works with LDAP/MySQL/PostgreSQL. What do you mean it doesn't work with MySQL? and how did you test it? Please share this info so that others can reproduce this issue and help fix it.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

SOGo works with LDAP/MySQL/PostgreSQL. What do you mean it doesn't work with MySQL? and how did you test it? Please share this info so that others can reproduce this issue and help fix it.

after an installation of iredmail with roundcube and sogo picked, roundcube works okay, but I can't configure sogo. All I get is that failed to recognize/find any database. I've looked around the net to see if other might have had this problem but all i see is that ppl give up on there choice of database and get it to work with LDAP instead.

I might have been a bit pre-conclusive about sogo 'only' working with LDAP.

If anyone has any ideas I'd like to hear them.
Right now I think I'll setup a LDAP database beside my 'mysql' and see where it'll take me sogo-wise.

I was pre-mature about the whole SOGo thing...

managed to get it to work with mysql backend in the end...

but now that I have a groupware service on the server.

Is there any extention to have a calendar in roundcube web interface that is synced/connected with the SOGo calender and other funtions?

Midsummer wrote:

Is there any extention to have a calendar in roundcube web interface that is synced/connected with the SOGo calender and other funtions?

I'm afraid there's no such plugin for Roundcube. Maybe it's easier to just use SOGo for webmail + calendar + contacts + tasks, and drop Roundcube?

By the way, would you mind sharing your experience about SOGo + MySQL issue? it might be helpful to other iRedMail users.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
Midsummer wrote:

I'm afraid there's no such plugin for Roundcube. Maybe it's easier to just use SOGo for webmail + calendar + contacts + tasks, and drop Roundcube?

By the way, would you mind sharing your experience about SOGo + MySQL issue? it might be helpful to other iRedMail users.

Sure will post it in the coming future smile