Topic: How to use LDAP as addressbook for Owncloud contacts

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.0
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I've installed on the same server, iredmail is running on, an instance of owncloud and would like to integrate the LDAP-Addressbook into Owncloud (similar to Roundcube). But in fact for some fields I've got no idea what I do have to enter. Can you help me?

Post's attachments

Bildschirmfoto vom 2015-10-19 14:09:52.png
Bildschirmfoto vom 2015-10-19 14:09:52.png 32.25 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to use LDAP as addressbook for Owncloud contacts

alex42 wrote:

But in fact for some fields I've got no idea what I do have to enter.

Which fields?

3 (edited by alex42 2015-10-19 21:29:22)

For example Addressbook URI, LDAP URL (just localhost?), Pagesize, Search filter.

And can I leave the Connector inetOrgPerson?

Maybe it is not a field but a box?

*) I don't know what "Addressbook URI" is, you'd better check ownCloud document or searching its mailing list.
*) LDAP URL is the ldap server address, for example: "ldap://127.0.0.1" (without quotes), "ldap://127.0.0.1:389".
*) "User" is a bind dn used to authenticate against LDAP server. if this is a global setting, i suggest use "cn=vmail,dc=xx,dc=xx", you can find this dn in iRedMail.tips file, or /etc/postfix/ldap/*.cf.
*) "Password" is password of above "User". again, you can find it in iRedMail.tips file or /etc/postfix/ldap/*.cf.
*) "Base DN for search" should be "o=domains,dc=xx,dc=xx". (replace "dc=xx,dc=xx" by the real suffix of your ldap server)
*) "Search filter", if you want to search active mail users, mailing lists, mail alias accounts, use this one:

(&(accountStatus=active)(|(objectClass=mailUser)(objectClass=mailList)(objectClass=mailAlias)))

*) I don't know what "Base DN for modification" and "connector" mean.