1 (edited by czirjak 2011-06-10 20:21:04)

Topic: copy mail files

Hi,

I want to copy the mail files from the old server (iRedMail 0.6, postfixadmin, mysql) to the new (0.7.1 iredadmin, mysql)

I have not too many users therefore i created theses manualy with iredadmin.
I noticed that the texture of directorys is disparate in iredadmin and postfixadmin.
created user by iredadmin "csaba" -> /vmail/domain/c/s/a/csaba......
created user by postfixadmin "csaba" -> /vmail/domain/csaba

How can I copy?

Cs.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: copy mail files

You already found that.

Path of user mailbox is defined in MySQL table "vmail.mailbox", field "maildir". For example:

mysql> USE vmail;
mysql> select username,storagebasedirectory,storagenode,maildir from mailbox limit 1;
+----------------+----------------------+-------------+-------------------------------------------+
| username       | storagebasedirectory | storagenode | maildir                                   |
+----------------+----------------------+-------------+-------------------------------------------+
| cezar@test.com | /var/vmail           | vmail1      | test.com/c/e/z/cezar-2011.06.08.12.46.38/ | 

As you can see, maildir of user cezar@test.com is:

/var/vmail/vmail1/test.com/c/e/z/cezar-2011.06.08.12.46.38/

So you should copy old mailbox to this directory on new server.