Topic: Please help - outgoing emails..

Hi guys,
I really appreciate if anyone can help me fix this problem.
I have just installed iRedMail 0.7.0 on a fresh ubuntu 10.04 installation.

I can receive the email without problem - BUT i cannot send and mails out. Immediately after sending a mail i get an "Undeliverable" mail back telling that sender adress was rejected.

maillog:
----------------

Apr 14 09:44:25 ip-10-56-53-168 postfix/smtpd[19111]: connect from mail-yx0-f174.google.com[209.85.213.174]
Apr 14 09:44:26 ip-10-56-53-168 postfix-policyd: connection from: 127.0.0.1 port: 33993 slots: 0 of 4096 used
Apr 14 09:44:26 ip-10-56-53-168 postfix-policyd: rcpt=3, greylist=new, host=209.85.213.174 (mail-yx0-f174.google.com), from=kmr@gmail.com, to=www@bring.dk, size=0
Apr 14 09:44:26 ip-10-56-53-168 postfix/smtpd[19111]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-yx0-f174.google.com[209.85.213.174]: 450 4.7.1 <www@bring.dk>: Recipient address rejected: Policy Rejection- Please try later.; from=<kmr@gmail.com> to=<www@bring.dk> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-yx0-f174.google.com>
Apr 14 09:44:26 ip-10-56-53-168 postfix/smtpd[19111]: disconnect from mail-yx0-f174.google.com[209.85.213.174]

---------------------

I have not touched any other configuration than the standard installation of iRedMail. What am I missing?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Please help - outgoing emails..

KMR wrote:

Recipient address rejected: Policy Rejection- Please try later

This is greylisting, you can receive this mail in several minutes.

Search 'greylisting' in this forum will give you more detail, also, http://greylisting.org/

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

greylisting

Sorry ZhangHuangbin, I posted the wrong log - and correctly that log was related to greylist issue which seems be solved. I can receive mails without any problems now.

But my problem is that I cannot send any emails out. I am using my ISPs outgoing server. As soon as I hit the send button in Outlook I receive a message telling:

Server error: '550 <www@bring2me.dk>: Sender address rejected: Afsender domain afvist, se http://postmaster.tdc.dk/publish.php?id=28382 (Access denied with this sender)(#4)'

And the strange thing is nothing i shown in the mail.log.

The only thing I can think of is DNS_SPF & DNS_DKIM which is mentioned at the end of iRedMail installation guide (http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/wiki/ … _on_Ubuntu).

Are these settings neccesarry for the mail server to work?  I will have several domains hosted with their own mail accounts.

Btw. is it better to use own mail server for outgoing server? any easy tutorials on this would also be much appreciated.

Thank you

KMR wrote:

Server error: '550 <www@bring2me.dk>: Sender address rejected: Afsender domain afvist, se http://postmaster.tdc.dk/publish.php?id=28382 (Access denied with this sender)(#4)'

Seems you were rejected by this server.
Did you try to mail  other users in different mail domains?

EDIT: I read this link with help of Google Translate, it's clear now:

Sending domain rejected
Error:
TDC has closed off the possibility, to send with your own domain through TDC's mail server. Instead, you must send your mail via the mail server as your email address belongs.

Solution:
Note that the TDC to provide NO help with this setup. Your email address belonging to another supplier (which you probably bought and paid for this service) and it is they who will help you with this setup.

Which mail address do you use to send out mails? And do you have SPF DNS record?

KMR wrote:

The only thing I can think of is DNS_SPF & DNS_DKIM which is mentioned at the end of iRedMail installation guide

SPF and DKIM can help others identify which mails are sent from your mail server.
It's recommended to google SPF and DKIM first, understand what they're used for.

>Which mail address do you use to send out mails? And do you have SPF DNS record?

I am using the test account www@bring2me.dk. I just discovered that I can send from the roundcube webmail client. So the problem is when I send using Outlook or more correctly when I use my ISP as outgoing server?

No I have no SPF DNS records setup, because I read somewhere that It should be working without it. But no luck sad

ZhangHuangbin, do you have any clues of what might cause this problem?

It's clear here:

TDC has closed off the possibility, to send with your own domain through TDC's mail server. Instead, you must send your mail via the mail server as your email address belongs.

It might be caused by incorrect SPF DNS record, or mismatched email address in "From:" and "Reply-To:' of email header.

i got some questions for you:
- Which domains do you host on your mail server?
- What's the server hostname and IP address? You can get it via shell command "hostname --fqdn".
- Which email address do you used to send out emails?
- Do you have SPF DNS record?