1

Topic: Getting emails from 'double-bounce@mydomain.net' Temporary lookup fail

Hi again

I'm struggling to solve this why I get emails to 'root' notifying me Temporary lookup failure
The full body email I'm getting is (I changed the real domain name to  @mydomain.net ):

Return-Path: <double-bounce@mydomain.net>
Delivered-To: postmaster@mydomain.net
Received: by mydomain.net (Postfix)
        id ED4FA230436; Sat,  6 Nov 2010 21:58:56 +0100 (CET)
Delivered-To: postmaster@mydomain.net
Received: by mydomain.net (Postfix)
        id EAF9B230415; Sat,  6 Nov 2010 21:58:56 +0100 (CET)
Date: Sat,  6 Nov 2010 21:58:56 +0100 (CET)
From: MAILER-DAEMON@mydomain.net (Mail Delivery System)
To: postmaster@mydomain.net (Postmaster)
Subject: Postfix SMTP server: errors from unknown[109.67.12.107]
Message-Id: <20101106205856.EAF9B230415@mydomain.net>

Transcript of session follows.

 Out: 220 mydomain.net ESMTP Postfix
 In:  HELO 109.67.12.107
 Out: 250 mydomain.net
 In:  MAIL FROM:<no-reply@rolex.com>
 Out: 250 2.1.0 Ok
 In:  RCPT TO:<user@domain.net>
 Out: 451 4.3.0 <user@domain.net>: Temporary lookup failure

Session aborted, reason: lost connection

and I'm getting awful lot of these emails (like 10/min)...

This is happening after I had a server crashed with CentOS 5.4 and iRedMail 0.5.1 (as I recall from my memory) and now installed CentOS 5.5 with iRedMail 0.6.1 and then moved some config files for Postfix and Amavis to this new server.
I know it must be some 'new' configuration in Postfix which didn't exist before, but I can't find it.

This wasn't happening before on 'old server'.

I kindly please for some help.

Regards,
Thomas

2

Re: Getting emails from 'double-bounce@mydomain.net' Temporary lookup fail

DNS lookup error?

Did you sync two resolve.conf file?
/etc/resolve.conf, /var/spool/postfix/etc/resolve.conf.

3

Re: Getting emails from 'double-bounce@mydomain.net' Temporary lookup fail

hansolo wrote:
 In:  RCPT TO:<user@domain.net>
 Out: 451 4.3.0 <user@domain.net>: Temporary lookup failure

Session aborted, reason: lost connection

I saw these errors in my root account as well when my servers went live. I had to increase the the max_connections in /etc/my.cnf up to 512 to handle the user look ups to the database server. 15k+ users makes for busy servers.

Hope this helps.

4 (edited by hansolo 2010-11-08 03:59:58)

Re: Getting emails from 'double-bounce@mydomain.net' Temporary lookup fail

ZhangHuangbin:
Yes, I did, but nothing helps (I don't have BIND on this server as it has no DNS hosting)

AFAIK:
I don't have max_connections set in my.cnf, this is how my.cnf config file looks like:

# Shipped within iRedMail project:
#   http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/
#

[mysqld]
#bind-address            = 127.0.0.1
port                    = 3306
default-character-set   = utf8
datadir                 = /var/lib/mysql
socket                  = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
user                    = mysql

# Default to using old password format for compatibility with mysql 3.x
# clients (those using the mysqlclient10 compatibility package).
old_passwords=1

skip-locking
#skip-bdb
#skip-networking

query-cache-type    = 1
# Use up to 64Mb of RAM to store query results.
query-cache-size    = 64M
query_cache_limit   = 10M

thread_cache_size   = 8

#set-variable = max_connections=1000
#set-variable = max_connect_errors=150

#ssl-ca =
ssl-cert = /etc/pki/tls/certs/iRedMail_CA.pem
ssl-key = /etc/pki/tls/private/iRedMail.key
ssl-cipher = ALL

[client]
default-character-set=utf8

[mysql.server]
user        = mysql
basedir     = /var/lib

[mysqld_safe]
log-error   = /var/log/mysql/mysqld.log
pid-file    = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid

[mysqld]
log-error   = /var/log/mysql/mysql_error.log

Should I try 'max_connections' set to about 128 perhaps for beginning to test it ?

I'm getting emails with Error: no valid recipients but I think it's postfix configuration somewhere

 Out: 451 4.3.0 <tvo@dsokocevje.si>: Temporary lookup failure
 In:  DATA
 Out: 554 5.5.1 Error: no valid recipients

and this is what gets my attention in postfix log (maillog):

postfix/proxymap[9398]: warning: mysql query failed: Unknown column 'storagenode' in 'field list' 

Huh, what ...

Thank you

5 (edited by hansolo 2010-11-08 04:48:22)

Re: Getting emails from 'double-bounce@mydomain.net' Temporary lookup fail

I found on google something like:

One of these files use a "destination" (in my case it's storagenode field), but your mysql table doesn't have such a field.

If you don't find the problem, show the content of these .cf files. and please don't change the names and config in the middle. we can't help you debug 1001 configurations (your original post contained: mysql-virtual-mailbox-maps.cf....).
link here

and I found this field in 'mysql_virtual_mailbox_maps.cf' which seems that I forgot to move from backup to new installation.
It was of course different in my backup installation:

old 0.5.1:  query       = SELECT maildir FROM mailbox WHERE username='%s' AND active='1' AND enabledeliver='1' AND expired >= NOW()
new v 0.6.1: query       = SELECT CONCAT(storagenode, '/', maildir) FROM mailbox WHERE username='%s' AND active='1' AND enabledeliver='1'

I replaced it and now it seems i don't get any more emails with 'warnings' ... yeeaaah

Ad.1: It seems easy to fix it when you know where to look at :-)


Ad. 2: Have I maybe missed somewhere the migration or upgrade scripts from older v 0.5.1 to newest ?
Thank you

Regards,
Thomas

6

Re: Getting emails from 'double-bounce@mydomain.net' Temporary lookup fail

Take a look:
http://iredmail.org/doc.html

7

Re: Getting emails from 'double-bounce@mydomain.net' Temporary lookup fail

I don't understand  SELECT CONCAT(storagenode, '/', maildir)  Can you help me please..  I have a same problem

My folders
/home/vmail/sieve/xxxx.com
/home/vmail/vmail01/xxxx.com

What does it mean CONCAT(storagenode, '/', maildir) ? can you help please

hansolo wrote:

I found on google something like:

One of these files use a "destination" (in my case it's storagenode field), but your mysql table doesn't have such a field.

If you don't find the problem, show the content of these .cf files. and please don't change the names and config in the middle. we can't help you debug 1001 configurations (your original post contained: mysql-virtual-mailbox-maps.cf....).
link here

and I found this field in 'mysql_virtual_mailbox_maps.cf' which seems that I forgot to move from backup to new installation.
It was of course different in my backup installation:

old 0.5.1:  query       = SELECT maildir FROM mailbox WHERE username='%s' AND active='1' AND enabledeliver='1' AND expired >= NOW()
new v 0.6.1: query       = SELECT CONCAT(storagenode, '/', maildir) FROM mailbox WHERE username='%s' AND active='1' AND enabledeliver='1'

I replaced it and now it seems i don't get any more emails with 'warnings' ... yeeaaah

Ad.1: It seems easy to fix it when you know where to look at :-)


Ad. 2: Have I maybe missed somewhere the migration or upgrade scripts from older v 0.5.1 to newest ?
Thank you

Regards,
Thomas

8

Re: Getting emails from 'double-bounce@mydomain.net' Temporary lookup fail

insanadair wrote:

I don't understand  SELECT CONCAT(storagenode, '/', maildir)  Can you help me please..  I have a same problem

Please create a new forum topic for discussion.

'SELECT CONCAT()' means concat values of these three columns. A quick google will give you answer.