Topic: iRedMail and MS AD

I'm trying to use iRedMail with Active Directory for authentication. I have followed the instructions from the wiki but I have a problem with dovecot. When I try to verify ldap query with AD in dovecot it fails and in log I get
auth(default): Error: LDAP: binding failed (dn vmail): Invalid credentials, 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C090334, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, vece
All previous tests mentioned in the guide succeeded without any errors. Thank you in advance for any help.

Also, if needed, here is my dovecot-ldap.conf:

hosts           = 192.168.0.6:389
ldap_version    = 3
auth_bind       = yes
dn              = vmail
dnpass          = password
base            = cn=Users,dc=mydomain,dc=com
scope           = subtree
deref           = never
user_filter     = (&(userPrincipalName=%u)(objectClass=person)(!(userAccountControl=514)))
pass_filter     = (&(userPrincipalName=%u)(objectClass=person)(!(userAccountControl=514)))
pass_attrs      = userPassword=password
default_pass_scheme = CRYPT
user_attrs      = =home=/var/vmail/vmail1/%Ld/%Ln/Maildir/,=mail=maildir:/var/vmail/vmail1/%Ld/%Ln/Maildir/

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail and MS AD

stocton12 wrote:

auth(default): Error: LDAP: binding failed (dn vmail): Invalid credentials, 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C090334, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, vece

"Invalid credentials" means your bind dn or password is wrong. Please help check them again.

I have found that too, googling for ldap errors. I have also changed the password. But although the username and password are working when I try the "ldapsearch" command, they do not work with dovecot.

Did you try to use full ldap dn of 'vmail' account?

Found it! Found it! It was right in front of me but I could not see it.

Warning: Configuration file /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf line 14: Ambiguous '#' character in line, treating it as comment.

Both passwords had # in them. Tried a password without # and ofcourse it worked.

Glad to hear that. ENJOY big_smile

I updated wiki tutorial below, hope others won't meet same issue:
http://iredmail.org/wiki/index.php?titl … LDAP_query

Thanks for your feedback.