Topic: New iRedMail install and new OpenLDAP install

Hello,

I am setting up a replacement server for one that was very old and finally crashed beyond repair.

My intent is to get iRedMail running and manage it with iRedAdmin-Pro.

I will have to add users but I am confused about when to add users and when to configure LDAP. My questions are:

- how much should OpenLDAP be configured before I install iRedMail? (meaning, for a completely clean OpenLDAP installation is anything required for iRedMail to work other than adding the schema extensions? i.e. must dc=subdomain,dc=domain,dc=com be defined in OpenLDAP before installing iRedMail?)

- does iRedMail assume users will be added through some facility other than iRedMail?

Thank you,
Phil

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: New iRedMail install and new OpenLDAP install

AUPhil wrote:

I will have to add users but I am confused about when to add users and when to configure LDAP. My questions are:
- how much should OpenLDAP be configured before I install iRedMail? (meaning, for a completely clean OpenLDAP installation is anything required for iRedMail to work other than adding the schema extensions? i.e. must dc=subdomain,dc=domain,dc=com be defined in OpenLDAP before installing iRedMail?)

iRedMail will install OpenLDAP for you.

When you start iRedMail installer, it will ask you some questions, one of them is choosing OpenLDAP or MySQL to store mail accounts, please choose OpenLDAP here. You will get a new OpenLDAP after installation.

- does iRedMail assume users will be added through some facility other than iRedMail?

iRedMail assumes you will add mail accounts after installation, store accounts in OpenLDAP which was installed by iRedMail.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
AUPhil wrote:

iRedMail will install OpenLDAP for you.

When you start iRedMail installer, it will ask you some questions, one of them is choosing OpenLDAP or MySQL to store mail accounts, please choose OpenLDAP here. You will get a new OpenLDAP after installation.

iRedMail assumes you will add mail accounts after installation, store accounts in OpenLDAP which was installed by iRedMail.

Thanks!

I am coming from Solaris/Sparc, so I just assumed it was difficult smile

Phil

Hi Phil.

Can you help take a look at your previous post here: http://www.iredmail.org/forum/post8573.html#p8573

I can't find the document.