Topic: Has someone got working SMTP over SSL (port 465) in iRedMail?

Hi,

Has anybody of you got working SMTP over SSL in iRedMail? I don't mean STARTSSL over standard TCP port 25 I mean full SSL end to end connection on port 465.

I bet you don't have it working because basically this is a bug in iRedMail.

Regards.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Has someone got working SMTP over SSL (port 465) in iRedMail?

landm wrote:

Hi,

Has anybody of you got working SMTP over SSL in iRedMail? I don't mean STARTSSL over standard TCP port 25 I mean full SSL end to end connection on port 465.

I bet you don't have it working because basically this is a bug in iRedMail.

Regards.

It's working for me (IMAP, POP3, SMTP), on 4 servers, iRedOS, MySQL-backend.

Hi maxie_ro. This is probably because you are using MySQL backend. On LDAP backend this does not work, trust me. I've debugged to the query level and in a nutshell:

Dovecot is looking for something that does not exist on OpenLDAP backend, so it cannot possibly work.

Regards

I have installed iredmail 4 times over 2 days in my test lab - this is a problem.
The bug cannot be replicated 100% of the time but it's there.

http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic1135 … r-ssl.html

what query is dovecot looking for in LDAP? I had the same issue (might not be the same thing) but I my issue was I was missing "smtpsecured" service under the  enabledservice in LDAP.

scamfield wrote:

what query is dovecot looking for in LDAP? I had the same issue (might not be the same thing) but I my issue was I was missing "smtpsecured" service under the  enabledservice in LDAP.

It does make sense.

iRedMail doesn't have 'enabledService=smtpsecured' in ldap and 'enablesmtpsecured=1' in mysql.
I will fix it soon.

Fixed in iRedMail-0.7.0 moment ago:
http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/sourc … 7f99b3f793

If you want to add 'enabledService=smtpsecured' for existing user, please refer to this wiki section:

- Add missing value for mail users:
  http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … mail_users

Thanks very much for all your feedback, especially @landm for his patience smile

Sorry to be opening this issue again but I have been using iRedMail 0.6.1 and also need the SSL authentication. Is there a way to make this work also for 0.6.1? I tried various things but no luck so far.

Did you read this forum topic? The answer is just before your post.

Yes, I did. Is the fix also applicable to 0.6.1? Since it is part of the upgrade path I assumed it was meant to work only with iRedMail 0.7.0 and should be applied only during the upgrade.

If that's not the case, apologies for the misunderstanding.