1 (edited by Suno Ano 2009-06-25 01:56:36)

Topic: PostgreSQL

I recently discoverd iredmail. I started looking at the code a bit and figured the favored database solution is MySQL.

I would rather use PostgreSQL but then, I figure, I would need to get my hands dirty. Are there plans to also support PostgreSQL?

Actually I think PostgreSQL should be the default storage backend anyways. Oracle bought Sun thus they may discontinue MySQL. You don't think so?! ... look what happend to Virtual Iron. .... bought by Oracle, feature migration into Oracles VM platform and then Oracle decided to let die Virtual Iron.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: PostgreSQL

Suno Ano wrote:

I would rather use PostgreSQL but then, I figure, I would need to get my hands dirty. Are there plans to also support PostgreSQL?

Yes, after 0.5.0 final release.

Actually I think PostgreSQL should be the default storage backend anyways. Oracle bought Sun thus they may discontinue MySQL. You don't think so?! ... look what happend to Virtual Iron. .... bought by Oracle, feature migration into Oracles VM platform and then Oracle decided to let die Virtual Iron.

I don't agree with you, but the truth is we will support postgresql later.

Feedback, suggestions, patches are always welcome. smile

3 (edited by Suno Ano 2009-06-25 13:18:46)

ah, that's good news. I looked around a bit but didn't find a word on the time table ... what's the scheduled due data for a .5 release?

Feedback, suggestions, patches ... yes, will do smile

Suno Ano wrote:

what's the scheduled due data for a .5 release.

Deadline is Aug 15.
We will release 0.5.0-RC2 in June 30.

/me cheers

That's great news; I was expecting something like "early next year" ... wink

I guess I am not used to agile software development methods yet ... it's all happening so fast  these days ^^

0.5.0 Support Postgres???

This is a final version smile

Mantesso wrote:

0.5.0 Support Postgres???

Not support yet.

If you are interested in make iRedMail work with PostgreSQL, patches/suggestions are all welcome smile

I have come to the conclustion, that maybe LDAP is the best backend solution and thus I am not sure supporting PostgreSQL nor MySQL is absolutely needed since resouces (mainly time) might be better spend doing other things like for example working on the irm admin panel.

Yes, Zhang, I know we discussed that already and your pov (supporting all three backends) it totally fine too I think wink

9 (edited by januszm 2012-01-09 03:24:58)

Hi, actually I registered to add comment to this thread.
So what about  PostgreSQL support? It would be very useful. We have phpPgAdmin available in repositories (.deb, .rpm).

Maybe you need some help with development? Anyways, third option in installation script, after OpenLDAP, MySQL could be PostgreSQL.

If not, can you suggest what to do , in easiest way, to connect iRedMail to PostgreSQL instead of MySQL database?

We just released iRedMail-0.7.4 stable release, and plan to support PostgreSQL in next release.