1 (edited by mohammadrezadeljoo 2011-03-09 03:07:48)

Topic: qmail & postfix !!!!!!!!

Hi
   I would like to thank a lot about your products (like iredos  ,..).
   Then i have a major problem and it is :
    we have a server that configured with qmail as mail server and mysql and now we want to change it to postfix and as i recomnded to use iredos (iredmail) but how cat convert qmail to postfix ??
please help me because im watting for tour answers.
thanks a lot

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: qmail & postfix !!!!!!!!

there is no help ???

- If your old mail server stores mail in Maildir/ format, then you can simply copy mailboxes to iRedMail/iRedOS server, but make sure they are moved to correct location.

- If you store mail accounts in MySQL and passwords are encrypted with MD5 or plain text, you can simply dump them into iRedMail/iRedOS.

thanks alot

@Mohammadrezadeljoo

I have migrated from qmail to postfix.
The porocess was not that hard. Once you have iRedmail installed on the server.
Migrate all of user folders from /var/vpopmail/domains******  to /var/vmail/vmail1/domains*** in iredmail. Then you would have to chmod all to files vmail:vmail. One you have this migrated. Migrate you mysql vpopuser table to the new mysql in iredmail. After that change your user directories to point to /var/vmail/vmail1/domain******.  That should get you started.
Let me know if you have any questions i'll be glad to help.

@jisunza
Hi!
i am completely new in this but i have to fix it!!
Please can you tell me step by step to compete this migration?
Regards,
Elias