Topic: iRedOS SMTP Banner Problem

Just installed iRedOS and I am having a problem with the banner. Basically, it's not matching the FQDN I have setup for this machine, it's showing localhost.localdomain instead:

220 localhost.localdomain ESMTP iRedMail

I tried changing the 127.0.0.1 entry in /etc/hosts to that of my FQDN, rebooted, but then for whatever reason I am unable to connect to the SMTP server (postfix). It will attempt to connect and then close the connection.

I also uncommented smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name in main.cf and restarted postfix with no change.

I'm sure this is a simple fix, but I can't quite put a finger on it.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedOS SMTP Banner Problem

digilink wrote:

I also uncommented smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name in main.cf and restarted postfix with no change.

Change postfix setting 'myhostname' to the correct one.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Change postfix setting 'myhostname' to the correct one.

That did the trick. If anyone else ever runs into this, issuing the following command should fix it:

postconf -e myhostname=someserver.example.com

Restart postfix and you should be good to go.

Thanks for the tip, it helped me a lot cause i was really disturbed with always having that message after every smpt test.
You're a blessing

hello, In my case, my mails are like: xyz@example.com, but my mail server name/reverse ip is mail.example.com.
Right now, postfix config (myhostname) is pointing to mail.example.com. So, should it be:

myhostname = example.com
or
myhostname = mail.example.com

using mail.example.com I'm having the SMTP Banner Problem